Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

10 year old dream coming true in 3 months

M

Mandsholm

Guest User
My wife and I just signed the deal yeasterday on a VW California Ocean 150bhp TDI 4Motion with manual transmission.

It is a 10 year old dream coming thru having a mobile basecamp when roaming the mountains of Sweden and Norway looking for peaceful spots to camp or hike while serving as a home-away-from-home also for our two small children - and the adventure starts when you leave your driveway and not when you arrive somewhere far away after days and hours of travelling.

We chose the Cali due to the fact that it is the most compact, best designed and best driving campervan currently around - it will be our only car and thus it will also serve our daily transportation needs.

We are very much looking forward to having it handed over in March and take it on its maiden voyage during Easter not north but south to the Riesling areas of Germany and France.

Looking forward to sharing thougths, ideas and advices in these forums.

Kind regards,
Anders H. Mandsholm, Gl. Rye, Denmark

I dreamed (and saved money) about a Cali for almost 20y and finally got it when reaching 39y of age , so all in all you did way better then me...;)
Welcome on board !

Welcome @Mandsholm. Great news just in time before Christmas, New Year and March will "arrive" very soon! Look forward to some pictures with your Cali in Denmark (Denmark is def. on our list to visit with our Cali, only know Frederikshavn by tent and the capital).
Enjoy!:thumb

Welcome to the forum and the world of Cali ownership

Congratulations,

We only got our van last week. I still don't believe it yet. I believe it will take a while to get use to it.

Eberhard

:welcome
All your questions have answers - they are just here waiting for you to discover. Its part of the journey.
:welcome

Hallo Anders

Congrats;) Its a fantastic vehicle. Also as daily driver;) Lovely with a california more in Denmark.

We have our 1,5 year old girl in our California. We are excited to see how it will be with two children.

Who old are yours?

Ole
Ulfborg

Thanks all - Ole, our children are age 3 and 6 - and they are already talking about our "bobil" (we love the norwegian word for autocamper) with excitement in their voices!

Back