Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

10 days in!

C

Chris Greaves

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all, we picked up our new (ex-demo) T6 Ocean last week and have just returned from our first adventure/trial run to Suffolk. The first thing learnt; the grey interior shows every mark (why light grey!), so Scotch-guarded everything we could: Second thing learnt, everything to do with a Cali is expensive, bike rack 2x cost of alternatives, wind out awning fitted after delivery 2x as much as option price (and that’s fitting it myself).

Been reading the forum for a couple of months and you guys have helped us make some crucial decisions; went for the T6 (Quasimodo) bike rack, it doesn't look as good as the T5 version but is really chunky, functions better and a little cheaper. Bought a Vango Galli drive away awning which worked very well for us, loads of room on site, but we haven't managed to get it back in its bag yet! Quite heavy too; Insurance bought from Safeguard with club discount.

Other things noted so far; Loving the driving position and the 150 is surprisingly quick (was planning on ordering a 208 until the ex-demo came up); for two of us there is plenty of room for everything we needed for a short summer trip and more, we do need to get a little more organised though; the lower bed is big enough for 2 people and we can get in to the roof bed; wider vehicles on narrow country lanes get their wing mirrors scratched; The all-round vision from the wing mirrors is brilliant, rear view mirror not as good; Other vans wave as they pass; haven't tried to cook in the van as yet, used a camping stove outside.

The only issue we have had so far is that we can't use the sink because we're losing water overnight and some of it coming out under the rear of the wardrobe unit. Need to get that fixed.

Off on Tuesday to get the lowered springs and side bars fitted, still thinking of adding Sat Nav, reversing camera and ‘wipe clean’ leather seats.

Hi and welcome , first trips are learing modules....
About the water coming out ...is the waste water valve CLOSED?
Located in the left kitchenwardrobe

Hi and welcome , first trips are learing modules....
About the water coming out ...is the waste water valve CLOSED?
Located in the left kitchenwardrobe

Hi, yes I closed the valves after sterilising the system. The water is draining behind the rear wheel, I did see the threads on water loss and played with the fresh water drain valve as discussed, this is when I noticed water coming from under the rear of the wardrobe unit. I'm going to try a couple of things today to see if it is coming from the fresh or grey water, but the fresh water level dropped from full to 1/3 over night, mainly from under the vehicle but also some inside. So drained the system to prevent any possible damage. I think it going to be a trip back to the dealer.

Ok , was thinking it was waste water .
My mistake.
The freshwater indeed pores out somewhere behind the rear left...
If the valve is not good shutting down things it might leak , but strange on a new verhicle , than again not that strange....:confused:
The grey water comes out in front of the rear left somewhere underneeth where the fridge is located , on thatone you actually see the tube .
The freshwater draintube you don't see at all , hidden behind the underneeth trims

I had a problem on my freshwatertank from new ,
details here (T5 but the system is still the same)
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/fresh-watertank-leaking.4663/

Some other info here
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/fresh-water-tank-leaking-problem.10059/#post-93605

Last edited: