Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Withdrawal symptoms...

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Well, here am I, sat at home when Max and me had arranged to be out somewhere.

Last minute needs to fulfil the responsibilities of Grannydom has left me looking after Finley (21 months) and Henry (4 months) and whilst that is a total joy I am getting all agitated about wanting to be away again.

What do you do to cope when those cravings and pangs start up? What coping mechanisms are there, and please don't suggest knitting, even I have my limits :eek:

I tried knitting a scarf once...

By the time I was half way through it the only motivation to finish was so I could hang myself with it :eek:

Never again.

Google maps, satellite view along the coast and then street view to do a 'drive by' of likely wild camping spots.

Google maps, satellite view along the coast and then street view to do a 'drive by' of likely wild camping spots.

Oh , thats nice ....now i don't need to leave home...
For sale : Cali.....
NOT.....:D

Ours has just gone away to have the roof done, missing it already:(

Browse youtube for campervan adventures and blogs. Discover new places and get inspired for your next trip
You could even change your music playlist

Browse youtube for campervan adventures and blogs. Discover new places and get inspired for your next trip
You could even change your music playlist

Thank you,

Inspiration is never to be declined,

I've just been watching one adventure video ...."by caravan through Syria and Iraq - 1989" .... might try that :mad:

And there's always Amazon, Ebay or Ikea for something to buy for the Cali lol

Know what you mean.....I spent all afternoon clearing Zebedee for his trip to the repair shop. Sitting room now full of stuff I will have to find a place to house while he is away. That means we are guaranteed stunning weather between now and getting him back.

Grannyjen you are so fab at documenting your trips online in your downtime you could do an old fashioned photo album of the highlights of your trips so those Littlies will have something to cherish.

Know what you mean.....I spent all afternoon clearing Zebedee for his trip to the repair shop. Sitting room now full of stuff I will have to find a place to house while he is away. That means we are guaranteed stunning weather between now and getting him back.

Grannyjen you are so fab at documenting your trips online in your downtime you could do an old fashioned photo album of the highlights of your trips so those Littlies will have something to cherish.

Thank you Judith :oops:

I am printing off hard copy of my website, adapted for them, so they have books and photo's to stare at along with maps to learn their geography with.

I have also written "max and bella " books for my grandchildren, detailing the exploits of my two doggies.

That's wonderful Granny Jen

My hubby has done a blog/diary of every day we have spent in the van with the hope of passing on to the grandchildren eventually (we have eight and don't think they have finished yet!)

It's also great for us to refer to aswell when we need to refresh our memories!!

We have just returned from a great 5 day trip to Derbyshire and like you can't wait till we go off again!!

Gill

I am a compulsive educator :oops:

I have just been waking around the house with a very colicky four month old Henry in my arms (and over my shoulder) patting his back and telling him all about Henry 2nd and Henry 5th :eek:

Last week he had Henry 1st in his "syllabus" ....

Hi jen just score Albert looking very deflected on your last trip. Glad to see you're home safe