Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Winter wheels

My Wheel tool arrived today, purchased from "briwy"'s link. Have tested it and fits perfectly.:thumb Thanks briwy.

Yes, the one I ordered just arrived as well. Exactly the same as the one I've already got. Thank heavens for that. :happy

Top is the old one, new the bottom one.

Poor Albert being abandonned while you swan off in a T6. Don't tell him!

Albert was totally stoical.

He was being pampered in the service bay whilst I was looking at a T6, but not a T6 Cali as the demonstrator was late being delivered :(

As for that dash,

forget it. No improvement.

As for the dealer, I had excellent service.

Ordered the wheel thingy. Thanks.

Well I'm baffled by this.
This is the tool I have. 14mm dia. 1.5mm, same as described in the eBay advert.

This from the same suppliers, strangely it also says not suitable for the 4Motion. In fact it seems to say in the selection list not suitable for a Transporter at all despite the heading listing it.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALLOY-WHE...WAGEN-TRANSPORTER-T4-T5-BOLT-3E-/230883659282

Also found this, bit cheaper as well, not sure about postage though
http://www.t4srus.co.uk/vw-t4--t5-quick-align-alloy-wheel-tool---single-1431-p.asp

and this seems to confirm that all T5s have the same bolts
http://www.t4srus.co.uk/vw-t5-replacement-wheel-bolt-single-2307-p.asp

Just to be sure I have ordered one from the original eBay advert as I don't want to mislead anyone.
My apologies if it turns out not to fit after all.
Bought mine off e bay as above - does the job. Also fitted my winter tyres today :)

Very useful suggestion. One of the most frustrating bits is the lining up the wheels - so this simple idea is great - thank you .

I change my own wheels each season so this will make the operation a lot smoother. Other useful bits of kit I have are for doing this: Trolley jack, small compressor (with tyre gauge and air wrench) , 2 large wooden wedges. This saves me £20 each wheel set change - £40 pa. Break-even is 3-4 years for one bus/ car and 2 years for 2 cars - and a lot more convenient than going down to the tyre shop each time. I think it is also useful to practice wheel changes as it's surprising how quickly you forget the easy/ correct way of doing things if you don't practice.

The frase " boys and their toys " does not count here ....
Looks like something for the girlies this thing....;)

Is not ending up in my toolbox anyway , can be useful for some not that handy i guess.
Just flip the wheel on , place the knie or foot against turn it a bit so holes match and first bolt in...always the lower one so the wheels sits thight ...reverse also lower bolt last out , that way the wheel stays nicely on , knie against it sitting on the floor .
If verhicle is on a bridge ( higher) this tool is usefull ....but don't have a bridge in my garage yet.

No airpressure tightning either ...by hand and afther first drive thighten again.
Like it old school...

Change two cars winter to summer and back each year myself , do have to say steel wheels.

The frase " boys and their toys " does not count here ....
Looks like something for the girlies this thing....;)

Is not ending up in my toolbox anyway , can be useful for some not that handy i guess.
Just flip the wheel on , place the knie or foot against turn it a bit so holes match and first bolt in...always the lower one so the wheels sits thight ...reverse also lower bolt last out , that way the wheel stays nicely on , knie against it sitting on the floor .
If verhicle is on a bridge ( higher) this tool is usefull ....but don't have a bridge in my garage yet.

No airpressure tightning either ...by hand and afther first drive thighten again.
Like it old school...

Change two cars winter to summer and back each year myself , do have to say steel wheels.
Some of us are not as fit as we used to be. I have a busted cartlidge in one knee, a back that refuses to bend and an arthritic wrist. I need all the help I can get!

Back