Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wing mirrors

T

This is the life

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Does anyone have the wing mirrors fold in when they lock the van?

I have selected it on the relevant screen option but doesn't work. They do fold in when I use the dial on the driver's door so they do work.

Long key press when locking folds them in. Never had any success with the menu option.

I think you can use a Carista dongle or similar to automate it though.

Watching responses with interest. I have the exact same issue on my recently purchased “new to me” Grand California. I have it selected on the digital screen in setting to fold when locking but it doesnt. Also if I select to fold the mirrors on the dial it does!

Long key press when locking folds them in. Never had any success with the menu option.

I think you can use a Carista dongle or similar to automate it though.
Bloody hell! That is genius! Just did the long press and they folded! Many thanks

Watching responses with interest. I have the exact same issue on my recently purchased “new to me” Grand California. I have it selected on the digital screen in setting to fold when locking but it doesnt. Also if I select to fold the mirrors on the dial it does!
When I looked into it, people were saying it was linked to the commercial vehicle underpinnings of the Cali. If you are delivering parcels you don't want your mirrors up and down 200 times a day. They wouldn't last many years. So you have the option yourself. I couldn't figure why its an option in settings then. Thought there was a thread on here about it. There maybe an option to program it in, search for Carista on here.

The thing that bugged me was, I can see if my car is locked by looking out the window to see if the mirrors are up.

If you are in bed, you can look at the app to see if its locked. I don't put my mirrors up very often now. Maybe in a car park.

Depends on the year of the van. Mirrors do not fold when locking / unlocking on earlier vans.

When I looked into it, people were saying it was linked to the commercial vehicle underpinnings of the Cali. If you are delivering parcels you don't want your mirrors up and down 200 times a day. They wouldn't last many years. So you have the option yourself. I couldn't figure why its an option in settings then. Thought there was a thread on here about it. There maybe an option to program it in, search for Carista on here.

The thing that bugged me was, I can see if my car is locked by looking out the window to see if the mirrors are up.

If you are in bed, you can look at the app to see if its locked. I don't put my mirrors up very often now. Maybe in a car park.
Thanks, I am good with the long press of the fob when locking, works for me.

Mine fold when I lock it, no need for long press. Would have thought yours would be the same if you have power folding mirrors.
Nope, long press when locking and then they fold, normal press, they stay out.

Could not find an option for fold on locking, long press use to work for me for folding, have now purchased a Carista and programmed to fold on locking and removed the alarm warning when ignition on and door open.

Have you checked through the menu options in the infotainment unit?
Yes and on there it is selected to close automatically when locking. I am good with it doing it when I press it in longer.

Back