Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Who's going where?

Don't know if I've missed it bernd but has your oil guzzling cali been diagnosed/fixed yet?

Sent from my Galaxy S6

Nope am still feeding the engine, picked up another 5L just the other day. Cali will be in UK at month end so will press on with it then.

OK best of luck with it, hope it's nothing too serious

Sent from my Galaxy S6

Nope am still feeding the engine, picked up another 5L just the other day. Cali will be in UK at month end so will press on with it then.

Your engine drinks more oil than I drink wine :shocked

Heading to Southampton tomorrow in our Cali.
Off on a 2 week cruise around the canaries:)
Bench seat moved forward to give a fantastic load space for all the bags and cases.
Just emphasise how practical the California can be.

One thing I have learnt is how competitive oil prices are in the UK, contrary I guess to what most of us think. In Europe prices are far higher.

Cabo de Trafalgar on a lovely sunny warm day earlier October. I wonder if it was like this when Lord Nelson went into battle.
Arrived back in the UK on Friday and now feeling the cold!!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Tuesday; the Caravan and Camping Show at the NEC. Two weeks from now; the Suffolk boat jumble in Ipswich. One week later; the East Hants boat jumble at Havant. Not sure pictures would express the glamour of it all, but it's better than working...!

Cabo de Trafalgar on a lovely sunny warm day earlier October. I wonder if it was like this when Lord Nelson went into battle.
Arrived back in the UK on Friday and now feeling the cold!!!

View attachment 10413

View attachment 10414

Yes it was.

A cloudy windless day.

The weather did not favour the British fleet nor the tactics of the vice admiral of the white. It was a languid procession into battle.

Hey-ho, best to make a languid procession in the Cali to the wine bar!

@GrannyJen , where you in Yper today when all those London cabs came over each with a WW-vetaran in.....?
Was on our national television
You could do thesame in your Cali:D
Looks like it was a spectial thing....

@GrannyJen , where you in Yper today when all those London cabs came over each with a WW-vetaran in.....?

No, today I was at Verdun but tomorrow I am in Ieper.

I am taking my Sister to Essex farm cemetery, a place where the Canadian surgeon John McRae wrote the poem "in Flanders fields" then to the grave of Noel Chevasse, a British Doctor who won a double VC in WW1, to place a poppy on behalf of his great nephew, a friend of mine.

Then we are off to Leonidas, the great chocolate house, and then the bar :D

Visiting here, unfortunately without my California, but at least it is in the State of California.

Irwin+Street.jpg

Hanford-sign-1200x560.jpg

Planning a month or two on the road in the UK in June/July in a cali (T6 ocean, ex demo) that we pick up at the weekend, with a whole weekend of experience under our belts.... 2 mountain bikes, walking boots and 2 dogs what could possibly go wrong? :)

Plan is to head to the west coast of Scotland until we are driven out by midges, then Cairngorms then various places on the way home (Bath), hopefully including but not limited to, Northumberland beaches and the Cheviots, the Durham dales, Northern Pennines and eastern end of the lakes, Yorkshire dales, peak district, Snowdonia and perhaps the Cambrian mountains too.

All ideas, recommendations, particularly for the Scottish leg and "have you considered this" style comments gratefully appreciated!

A slightly overexcited Tigs!

3 months through Europe with toddler 2 1/2 and 3 months old. Spain, France, Switzerland, Italy, Croatia, Slovenia, Austria, Germany...back in October then shipping Cali to Australia to do another few months. Taking time out with the family.

On 6 June we are off for 6 weeks to Wuppertal in Germany to see the pre First World War monorail there, really cool. And then down to Passau and then........ who knows. The plan is to cycle/drive by the rivers as we go.
Not long now!

Off to Spanish Pyrenees, Navarre and Rioja regions in some 8 weeks time...
Can't wait..... Taking the bikes... Buying the wine there - drinking it there....

On 6 June we are off for 6 weeks to Wuppertal in Germany to see the pre First World War monorail there, really cool. And then down to Passau and then........ who knows. The plan is to cycle/drive by the rivers as we go.
Not long now!
Sounds great! Envious in a good way... We were in Germany last year and loved it! Have a great time!

Well, a fantastic day in Ieper.

All those guys in Taxi's were visiting Tyne Cot when we were there and stopping in the Novotel which we were using! They laid a few wreaths at the Menin gate in quite a moving little ceremony.

Just about to leave for Sherwood meet.
Monday off down to the Pyrenees for a few weeks without Mrs briwy who has to work (shame:)). Think I'll just wander down rather than blasting down the autoroutes as usual and save a few bob.

Off to west wittering this weekend, lower lode meet June then 24 th June euro tunnel booked for trip to France no idea exactly where but heading towards Chamonix and possibly adelboden in Switzerland to visit ' Our Chalet' , one of the world centres for GirlGuides(once a Guide always a Guide). Any places to visit on the way greatly appreciated, especially just out side Calais.

Off tomorrow to Barnstaple, walking another section of the South West Coast Path. Still have enough cheap French diesel in the tank to get me there and half way back :D

Well, a fantastic day in Ieper.

All those guys in Taxi's were visiting Tyne Cot when we were there and stopping in the Novotel which we were using! They laid a few wreaths at the Menin gate in quite a moving little ceremony.
Hi Jen, we are stopping there in July, any hot tips for places to visit with our WW1/WW2 obsessed 10 year old?

Back