Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Who's going where?

Great thread idea!

We just came back from a super short trip to the south of Switzerland (Blenio).
Our Cali was great, the road narrow and windy. We slept in our Cali and visited my dad in his "Ristico" in the nowhere.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443431027.948278.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443431087.093794.jpg

The Cali did great job!

Lets face it, for all the grumbling negativity the Cali does a great job most times ....

and that looks wonderful!

I'm currently in an exciting field next to some very aromatic hen houses ... not quite the same charm :(

Lovely drive today from Alcoutim to Mertola and a good walk around in 31c heat.....then on way back to Alcoutim had to feed the hungry beast with OIL....

Lovely drive today from Alcoutim to Mertola and a good walk around in 31c heat.....then on way back to Alcoutim had to feed the hungry beast with OIL....

Oh I would love to see some pics if any, that is on my list of "to-do".

GJ...it's lovely round here....the River Guadiana and surrounding area is becoming a major part of my life. As for Alcoutim.....

Week after next off for a weekend in Lisbon prior to being UK bound.

John....

I will be out here in Feb & March...pop in if your around....

Now on way back from the Dordogne. after 4great weeks. At present on a site in Brugge prior to catching the ferry to Hull tomorrow night. Seems like a lifetime since we left home. My wife is already planning our next trip.
Have Fun, I am
Bob

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443857454.650096.jpg
Not my Cali, not my Pickup but me heading to Saas Fee for a week! Have a nice weekend!

Staying home for a weekend for a change! Two new leisure batteries to fit, then a good wash. Tomorrow I'm going to put my isotop in ready for the winter. The vans also just had four new all season tyres fitted and is due a service (inc cam belt and water pump!) and MOT soon. Oh, and I've got a tyre dog TPMS set to fit too. Not the cheapest month but you've got to stay on top of it! :cool:

Mull for cycling and Motorsport helping out at the best Stage rally in Britain and some of the best views.

So lets be positive ...

As soon as a dentist decides a date for taking a tooth out I'm off to the Loire Valley on a wine-buying and "let's see what's there"trip.

I'm hoping the dentist will decide soon (it's not a conventional "yank" unfortunately) so I can get off.

Who else has a trip imminent?
Not going but just back from Ardfern. Basic campsite ÂŁ10 per night and the location is marvellous, specially this week with warm sunshine. Nice walk across the penisula to the Lord of the Isles pub (couple of miles)

DSC_0008 (Large).JPG

DSC_0010 (Large).JPG

DSC_0011 (Large).JPG

DSC_0012 (Large).JPG

DSC_0017 (Large).JPG

DSC_0019 (Large).JPG

DSC_0103 (Large).JPG

DSC_0116 (Large).JPG

Just back from 3 nights in Swanage for the Blues Festival and have booked another wee trip away to Bath at the end of the month for 3 nights - pity work keeps getting in the way :)

We stayed at Riverside Campsite, Malham Cove last week (http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=3652) and it was lovely. Basic facilities but an amazing spot. Great walking and some good pubs nearby.

We stayed in the car park as it was a bit soggy in the field.

You can see the site from the top of the cove (just..)

Goredale Scar is only a mile or so away

And if you're feeling adventurous...

Is that you on Supercool, Californiaman?

No! I am behind the camera, cowering...

Another back. 5 nights at Eskdale, followed by 3 nights in North Wales with fantastic weather for the duration.

i have a big smile on my face at present.

Going to the Loire on Sunday and for the last few days the weather forecast has been rubbish as it was thought that the remains of a hurricane would be spilling into the area.

Now though it seems it will track further South and the Loire is forecast dry and sunny.

Plan B was to go shopping in Germany instead. I can now leave that planned trip until November :D. The joy of a Cali, last minute changes, go with the flow, total flexibility...

i have a big smile on my face at present.

Going to the Loire on Sunday and for the last few days the weather forecast has been rubbish as it was thought that the remains of a hurricane would be spilling into the area.

Now though it seems it will track further South and the Loire is forecast dry and sunny.

Plan B was to go shopping in Germany instead. I can now leave that planned trip until November :D. The joy of a Cali, last minute changes, go with the flow, total flexibility...
Hi Jen
If you love wine and the Loire check out Sancerre it's an amazing place to visit, there is a flowers campsite at the bottom of the town. It isn't open all year though so do check it is right on the Loire and can flood in the winter. Very cheap site and well kept.
Loads of vineyards and pretty cheap for Sancerre wine.
There's a supermarket in the town with prob the cheapest diesel your find in France too :)

Thank you :)

My first stop is Borgeuil to pick up a couple of cases of Cabernet Franc but a Sancerre Pinot noir will be a welcome addition :)

The cheap diesel is also a welcome enticement :D

Making our way back to Bilbao after Spain, Morocco and Portugal. Still got 5 nights to go.
How was Morocco, love to give it a try for a big adventure - friendly enough ???

Cali parked outside but off in it end of next week to Lisbon and then nearby Estoril Circuit to see the ELMS Race there. Today a lovely but fairly vigorous approx 20 mile sail over an 8 hour period up the Guadiana from Alcoutim to Pomarao.....and back...in a 9 foot Dinghy, nearly capsized a couple of times, having only sailed a Dinghy for the first time aged late 50s...last year.

Back