Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Who's going where?

Leaving Lake Trasimeno today for Abruzzo to do some walking in the national parks. Should be in the mid 20's for the next week or so.

Spent yesterday in Montepulciano wine tasting.

You did ask.....

Currently on tour in Dorset - Weather still good for time of year. Debs birthday tomorrow and she wants to go to Monkey World! Seen it on the TV now she wants to visit... [cheap date, so cant complain too much!]

Monkey World is great! Make sure you stay til late in the day when the bring the chimps in for the night (4:00pm ? 4:30pm?)
- stand up in the windowed gallery area and watch them rush for food and blankets!

Still in the Dordogne I'm afraid. :thumb Been here since the beginning of September and sadly only another week to go. Brilliant cycle ride today to St Leon and a very nice lunch. Weather is expected to be wall to wall sunshine for the next week at least. Come on in, you won't regret it.

Eastern Algarve on the River border with Spain....lovely weather in late 20s..c....constant blue sky and yellow thing in sky.

Birmingham....tomorrow for the Cycle Show on Sunday :D

House bound for gcse homework at the moment :sorry
We do have a trip booked from Hull to Zeebrugge then off to the Moselle to look forward to.

I don't tend to plan trips in the camper too far in advance. Usually they are a bit last minute. I was in sunny Scarborough, Whitby and the North Yorkshire moors recently. It depends when Mrs RDH1 is free; she still has to work where as I am now a free spirit...
I will be in the States for 3 weeks soon, Estonia next May and Myanmar in Nov 2016; without the California!

we are taking dancing doris to norfolk hopefully, if we have a bed that works

Making our way back to Bilbao after Spain, Morocco and Portugal. Still got 5 nights to go.

Been touring Spain and Portugal since 1st September. We were due to return to the UK on Wednesday but have changed ferry booking so we can have an extra 10 days of sunshine. Currently west of Almeria(tomato capital of the world) at a lovely new campsite which is less than a quarter full. Happy days.

Jen, hope your op goes well.

Last edited:
All these posts are useless without pics.....!

I still got more then three weeks off at work this year ,don't know where we go depending on the weather.

FweLqBJ

Camping in Builth Wells, beautiful day.

We stayed at Riverside Campsite, Malham Cove last week (http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=3652) and it was lovely. Basic facilities but an amazing spot. Great walking and some good pubs nearby.

We stayed in the car park as it was a bit soggy in the field.

You can see the site from the top of the cove (just..)

Goredale Scar is only a mile or so away

And if you're feeling adventurous...

Cornwall, feeling anxious as last time I made the husband go there we spent three nights holding the awning down.

Off to Durham this weekend, next month 2 nights in Cambridge then 3 anywhere in Norfolk then 1 night in St Andrews. I'm a weekend Gypsie!!!
Whitehall Farm, burnham Thorpe....lovely large field...great dog walks including a fab 13 mile circular walk through holkham hall estate down to the beach and along to wells by the sea (delicious ice cream) and back to hall by bus.
Pub walking distance. Lots of other to dos nearby.

Hi
Where are you stopping when you go to Bamburgh?

There is a lovely Britstop at Craster
Hi Granny Jen, thanks for that. I might stop at Elford caravan site but friends are taking a cottage and offered me a bed....might just park 'n camp at their cottage. We've not been away much this year, so missing waking up all cosied in!
Even an afternoon's wildcamping is proving impossible this weekend. I despair!

Hi

Hi Granny Jen, thanks for that. I might stop at Elford caravan site but friends are taking a cottage and offered me a bed....might just park 'n camp at their cottage. We've not been away much this year, so missing waking up all cosied in!
Even an afternoon's wildcamping is proving impossible this weekend. I despair!

No! Do not despair!

Camp on their drive, enjoy your independent cosiness, use their facilities just as you would on any CC site, brilliant! A wild camp in the open on tarmac but with all the facilities:D

Whitehall Farm, burnham Thorpe....lovely large field...great dog walks including a fab 13 mile circular walk through holkham hall estate down to the beach and along to wells by the sea (delicious ice cream) and back to hall by bus.
Pub walking distance. Lots of other to dos nearby.

Go to the pub, presumably the Admiral Nelson, stop, pause, look up and read the sign.

I choke back tears whenever I read it.

IMG_1423.jpg

Cacela Velha, Portugal. No campsites near by but good for wild camping.image.jpg And finally sunset from campsite Sao Marcus de Serra, Algarve. image.jpg

Wow I was in Portugal this spring and ventured up the west coast a tiny bit...definitely a destination for the van!
Yes, granny, thinking I'll do the Tarmac option next weekend...and top of valley today....short but so sweet!

We are off to Swanage next weekend for the Blues Festival :bananadance

I'm off to Budapest then back via Munich, Black Forest and Ardennes Forest. At least that's the plan, might divert if we get the urge. Very excited for our first Cali overseas trip!!

Back