Who's going where?

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
So lets be positive ...

As soon as a dentist decides a date for taking a tooth out I'm off to the Loire Valley on a wine-buying and "let's see what's there"trip.

I'm hoping the dentist will decide soon (it's not a conventional "yank" unfortunately) so I can get off.

Who else has a trip imminent?

:( no holidays left.

Currently cooking coq au vin in Mersault, slowly heading home after two weeks heading down as far as Banyuls, back up through Aix, then the Alps (and an accidental visit to Italy)....been brilliant so far!

Currently cooking coq au vin in Mersault, slowly heading home after two weeks heading down as far as Banyuls, back up through Aix, then the Alps (and an accidental visit to Italy)....been brilliant so far!

Ok ok, I am suitably jealous. Just a little bit more exotic than my recent trip to Margate :sad

Currently on tour in Dorset - Weather still good for time of year. Debs birthday tomorrow and she wants to go to Monkey World! Seen it on the TV now she wants to visit... [cheap date, so cant complain too much!]

Warmer too, I should think. We've had 30C in Perpignan and 0C (with snow) at the top of the Col Du Galibier.
Just glad I bought a little spare gas bottle, cos the big one ran out halfway through cooking the chicken....not sure we'd have coped with that....tho I suspect the local wine may have seen us through ;-)

Warmer too, I should think. We've had 30C in Perpignan and 0C (with snow) at the top of the Col Du Galibier.
Just glad I bought a little spare gas bottle, cos the big one ran out halfway through cooking the chicken....not sure we'd have coped with that....tho I suspect the local wine may have seen us through ;-)

30c??

Goodness, you poor things,

Margate was a fresh 16C with an energising gale blowing in truly refreshing rain. You must be pining to come home :sad

Currently on tour in Dorset - Weather still good for time of year. Debs birthday tomorrow and she wants to go to Monkey World! Seen it on the TV now she wants to visit... [cheap date, so cant complain too much!]

Very warm today a few miles east of Dorset. You have picked a good time ... providing you were indoors on Tuesday :D

Very warm today a few miles east of Dorset. You have picked a good time ... providing you were indoors on Tuesday :D
Visited Street in Somerset on Tuesday so [mostly] indoor.:thumb

22'c in Bergerac today, had to take me jumper off

John

You really do know how to upset people :sad

I'm going rusty sat here. I'm itching to get away but sadly I have major surgery on the 8th, an unrepentant tooth pointing in the wrong direction has to be sacrificed, I'm told it would improve my wine drinking if it went.

Visited Street in Somerset on Tuesday so [mostly] indoor.:thumb

I am very emotionally connected to Street. My son went to school there, and no I don't mean the posh school.

I am very emotionally connected to Street. My son went to school there, and no I don't mean the posh school.
We visited the Clarks shopping village (without success), but a good trip up there (apart from road closures in Yeovil... which tested Ellies sat nav capability...) Green laning anyone? Good job that Debs is skilled at old fashioned map reading...

We visited the Clarks shopping village (without success), but a good trip up there (apart from road closures in Yeovil... which tested Ellies sat nav capability...) Green laning anyone? Good job that Debs is skilled at old fashioned map reading...

Street is also home to the Avalon school..

it is a special school for children with special needs. One of my children was born with oxygen deficiency, he was beyond mainstream education, Avalon gave him a life and a future. I will be for ever grateful.

The Clarks quaker philanthropic heritage still runs strong in Street.

Rutland Water in October. Bath also in October.
Stoke on Trent and Macclesfield in November and finally for this year, Crystal Palace for Christmas to attend National Opera on Christmas Eve and the Christmas Day CTC ride across London.

Going to southern Croatia coast, maybe I will proceed to Montenegro, hop to Bosnia,..
I am bringing a kayak and one of our dogs for company.

I want to go to Slovenia ...

Why did God not make a week with 9 days in it?

Finally getting away...Bamburgh next weekend...hope not to get the soaking we got today!
Oh, and another wild camp 2 miles from home at the weekend. We have to get some practice in...roof up, kettle on, dog tethered and book out...such fun!

Finally getting away...Bamburgh next weekend...hope not to get the soaking we got today!
Oh, and another wild camp 2 miles from home at the weekend. We have to get some practice in...roof up, kettle on, dog tethered and book out...such fun!

Where are you stopping when you go to Bamburgh?

There is a lovely Britstop at Craster

Off to Durham this weekend, next month 2 nights in Cambridge then 3 anywhere in Norfolk then 1 night in St Andrews. I'm a weekend Gypsie!!!

Back