Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Which Misfuelling Device?

Is it just me that didn't find it easy to fit? You are supposed to hold it the right way up while fitting it but its hard to screw in by hand and using the fitting tool means you can't hold it in place so it ends up in the wrong orientation.

The inner section can be turned to the correct position with some pliers once the whole unit has been screwed in tightly.
The inner section has to be in the correct position, with the slot at the bottom as the diesel nozzle has an indentation at the bottom of the nozzle that fits into the slot.

Good find "campandfly".

To Admin - This would be a good video to have on the Shop site regarding installation of the device.

Yes, top man campandfly
My Fuel Angle had no top stamped on it, and had problems trying to line it up tried filling it with a couple of gallons but took to long to fill
Went back to the diagram and immediately realized where the top should be by where the bottom should be :headbang
Will see if it fills up better later in the week

Alan

Good find "campandfly".

To Admin - This would be a good video to have on the Shop site regarding installation of the device.

Good idea, I will get this added .. thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the pointers and vid. I tried again today and managed to fit it - I think. Not tried to fill up yet though. I used needle nose pliers to hold the centre section and managed to engage the outer thread by hand holding the centre section in place. Then using the black tool to tighten a bit less than a quarter of a turn before repositioning the centre section with the pliers, then repeating until tight. The centre section isn't as free to rotate as in the video but does allow some movement. I think this is because the centre section is offset so makes an arc as it rotates which is bigger than the filler opening. That's a guess from looking at how it seems to line up.

Doesn't really matter what position the centre section is in once the unit has been tightened up. What is important is getting the pump nozzle lined up with the centre section. Engage the nozzle and then turn the pump nozzle to the position you want, which will turn the central section.

My mates wife put unleaded in their diesel Golf last weekend and she drove for a mile or so before in konked out, bill was ÂŁ2,800 in the end!!! Why don't they make these things standard like BMW etc ... do?

I seem to have got the Fuel Devil as the instructions did not match the item and it was a sod to fit - badly (see my post 'first impressions') and it does not rotate as shown in the video.
When the time came to fill up it frothed up over me and my brand new paintwork.

Ok I've got fuel angel directly from the seller.
First of all not able to screw it in properly on T6.
Seems the tube is a bit long and it touches the wall of the inner tube not allowing to screw it in completely and completely blocking the inner part from rotating. It rotates free in a demo video though.
Might have to just send it back :(

Ok I've got fuel angel directly from the seller.
First of all not able to screw it in properly on T6.
Seems the tube is a bit long and it touches the wall of the inner tube not allowing to screw it in completely and completely blocking the inner part from rotating. It rotates free in a demo video though.
Might have to just send it back :(

Thats the same problem I had with mine so I sent it back.

Yep .... I recognise the issues .... I persevered for too long .... lost the packaging so just chucked it in the bin ...... It annoyed me so much that I think about it every time I fill up so you could say it's now doing a subliminal job from the dump

Yep .... I recognise the issues .... I persevered for too long .... lost the packaging so just chucked it in the bin ...... It annoyed me so much that I think about it every time I fill up so you could say it's now doing a subliminal job from the dump
No problem with mine. Fitted perfectly and used all over Europe.

I don't need a misfuelling device.

I can misfuel without one :shocked

If anybody wants one, 25 pounds.

Back