Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Which Misfuelling Device?

crazygrandad

crazygrandad

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
We own three vehilcles in our household with the Cali being the only diesel, last night whilst refuelling I came very very close to putting unleaded in the Cali :shocked Thankfully I retracted the nozzle before pulling the trigger.

I understand that there are Misfuelling devices on the market, I went to Halfords this morning and was told they no longer sell them, I have also looked online but very limited choice for a T5?

Does anyone else use one? Which type?

Thanking you in anticipation

I have used fuel angle since day one,
And out of intrest a I tried a petrol pump to test it -----------------it will not fit

Thank you, Fuel Angel it is then. Am I best to buy direct? Are they easy to fit?

Simple to fit , just follow instructions even I could fit it with 2 left hands
I think if you find website there is a general fitting film

Highly recommend the Fuel Angel, takes around 5 minutes to fit and essential if you drive an unleaded car aswell as your Cali.

Received ours yesterday from the club shop and saved ourselves a few quid, thank you.

Very easy to fit and we now have peice of mind knowing every time we fill up as we also own a petrol Ford Focus.

That's good to hear I am usually very careful but I will get one as it will be cheaper in the long run:thumb

Does anyone do anything similar for the water tank? not that my Mrs would ever dream of putting fuel into any vehicle, but the water filler is in about the same place as the fuel cap on our other cars. Something that restricts the hole to the size of a hosepipe could be useful.

Just hide the keys:)
Yes. Not got our van yet. But the water tank filler key will not be kept on the same ring as the ignition key. (Assuming they are different?)

Yes, it is a different key. We keep our water tank key on a ring with the Heater Remote Control, so separate from the ignition key,

Sorry, I don't see what the problem is with the water tank as you have to unlock it to get access, whereas for access to the fuel tank you have to open the passenger door. But each to his own.:)

There has been accounts on the forum of 3rd party adding fuel into the fresh water tank, it has happened as snowy55 said just keep the water tank key with the heater key and away fron the ignition keys

Ordered,arrived,fitted. Thank you Forum Shop.

Thanks guys for the quick delivery, just fitted this, took 10 minutes. I misfuelled 5 years ago and don't want a reapeat !

Hope mine's arrived in the office :)

I've just sent my Fuel Angel back to the manufacturers.

Anything more then a trickle of fuel going in and diesel ran down the bodywork and onto the floor. Took me ages to fill and my hand had gone numb and I was freezing cold.
How does everyone else get on?

We have had one for a few months now, no problems at all, I needs to be positioned exactly as the way in the instructions or the air flow will be wrong, you also need to fill at about 3/4 speed so takes about an extra minute to fill the tank.

We have had one for a few months now, no problems at all, I needs to be positioned exactly as the way in the instructions or the air flow will be wrong, you also need to fill at about 3/4 speed so takes about an extra minute to fill the tank.
I reckon the position was right or the pump nozzle would not of engaged at all.
On a plus note, I was sent an instant refund with no questions asked:thumb

Are these easy to fit for someone who does not know one end of the screwdriver from the other.

Yes they come with full instruction and the ones in the shop are specific to the cali.

Back