Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What will you do with your refund from VW ...

motacyclist

motacyclist

Colin
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Just imagine this scenario.

The EU have deemed the California to be unfit for purpose due to emissions and all models have to be taken off the road. VW are ordered to refund the full market value to the owners plus say 25% extra compensation. :shocked

What will you do with your cash? Buy a white whale, Ford Terrier, Mercedes or Fiat based panel van, 4 x 4 + caravan, holiday home, world cruise, stick it in an ISA? Classic car + tent, or classic camper. Any other ideas ?

And how would you feel .... relieved, ecstatic, devastated, suicidal? :confused:

I will buy a Mercedes Marco Polo, as a speculative gesture.

Speculative as in if they were found also to be fiddling something I might get another full refund plus 25%.

50% margin in the time it takes to create a couple of scandals would be pretty good going even for a rogue derivatives trader.

It simply won't happen or anything like it, and why should it. We all have what we wanted and paid for.

In my own business which I have run for over 35 years the sickening greed of the compensation culture...is a real turn off.

I will buy a Mercedes Marco Polo, as a speculative gesture.

Speculative as in if they were found also to be fiddling something I might get another full refund plus 25%.

Hey I like all your credentials vip / mod etc good to see you back on it lol

Compensation wasn't really the point, ignore the 25%, the post was just to see what we would do if in the situation of our first choice being taken away.

Blimey I'll have to turn my screen sideways to fit all those credentials in!

I think there has been a WTH* moment with Admin :D

I seem to have more medals than Idi Amin

*WTH = ever so polite granny abbreviation for the more common expression - "heck" being the substitute

Last edited:
...not a lot you can buy with 50p....
Which is all I think we will get out of VW
:D

...not a lot you can buy with 50p....
Which is all I think we will get out of VW
Best clarify market value as before the great revelation in the US!

I'll swap your Cali for a Twix...

In the spirit of this thread...

I spotted this in Dusseldorf back in 2011 and have been looking for one ever since.

It may be a bit of a whale but I love it... (Probably only beaten by one of the VERY rare Airsream RV's - not caravans)

2-IMG_8776.JPG

1-IMG_8775.JPG

Rgds
Mark

Strange duplicate post... apologies... now deleted.

M

A Heisenberg special i believe.

It's actually a Suleica... they did some awesome machines :)

Honestly, I would just buy another as I love my van. Add a few more options into the bag as well.
I wouldn't jump ship, because its really gonna hurt Volkswagen. I think by buying another VW vehicle it puts the money back into the company and helps secure jobs and the company for the future. Money back into the firm has to be the best option for everyone:thumb

Remember, its always the little guy that gets crushed first;)

No other option works for us :(

Here's something to spend your refund on, £5 change out of £50k. One less bed & seat than the Cali though ...

Just imagine this scenario.

The EU have deemed the California to be unfit for purpose due to emissions and all models have to be taken off the road. VW are ordered to refund the full market value to the owners plus say 25% extra compensation. :shocked

What will you do with your cash? Buy a white whale, Ford Terrier, Mercedes or Fiat based panel van, 4 x 4 + caravan, holiday home, world cruise, stick it in an ISA? Classic car + tent, or classic camper. Any other ideas ?

And how would you feel .... relieved, ecstatic, devastated, suicidal? :confused:
If the emissions standards are that much more stringent in the US, it might be worth considering one of those ultra fuel efficient, super low emission Hummers like Arnie drives! Simples.

We've just spent two weeks in outback Australia with a 4WD Ute, a couple of tents and a camping stove. No comparison comfort wise, but boy was it fun

Here's something to spend your refund on, £5 change out of £50k. One less bed & seat than the Cali though ...

It's a five berth, which by my calculations means it sleeps 1 more than a cali not 1 less !

Back