T5 SE 140
Hi everybody
We are in Peschiera Del Garda for the first Italian VW California meeting
6cf727dc8f47a3e45e51175282075e18.jpg

More pictures to come later...

Aha , so by the looks a T6 SE on the first picture in the tent

I really don't know
It's the first time
It's actually a commercial event, but very well organized and....
everything offered by VW Italia, including the staying at the camping, a nice T-shirt, dinner, and in half an hour there'll be live music!!
Next year I 'll let you know in advance

Oh come on
I just wanted to share the event with you
We really didn't know what was going to happen, we had an invitation via email 3 weeks ago from VW

Looks like a great event and a nice campsite as well. This is the sort of thing VW need to do more of to rebuild the brand.
What are the postcards on the line all about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now why can't VW UK do something similar, because they are a bunch of ????????????????????

John
Italy at this time of year sounds a lot more appealing!

I can see a green T4 westfalia california in the first picture. Looks like it could be Corkys twin. Looks like a good gathering.

(Sorry, I think it may have been me who left one of the earlier disagree X ratings... skimming around on an iPhone and navigating with one hand, all to easy to click on something. I think I've now rescinded it.)

I am amazed by this, such a brilliant thing for VW to do... is anyone at VWUK reading this?

Dave

VwUK wouln't give you the steam of their sh@t, never mind organize an event with free cake mmmmmmmmm.

Yes....

Perhaps if they built a proper camaraderie around their UK office and dealer network, they wouldn't need to discount what is a completely unique vehicle by 7%.

A quick count of the DVLA registrations shows just under 700 Beach and SEs registered in 2014. Multiply 700 vehicles by four grand and ask yourself whether free cake wouldn't be a little cheaper... on the 2014 numbers a unilateral 1% discount on a T6SE is worth roughly £400k to VWUK.

If I was running VWUK marketing I'd pop £200k into embracing the California fraternity and give them lots f free cake, at the same time I'd reduce the T6 discounts by a few percent. Net result, happier long-term customers and more profit for VWUK. (Not that any of you T6 buyers want to hear that strategy of course!)

What surprises me more is that one or two of the dealers or dealer groups haven't got together and done something similar to corner the market in new sales, after all there are nearly 8,000 members on this site alone...

I suppose the truth is that VW in the UK are just a little bit dim. VW Italia meanwhile seem to get it.

Dave

Back