Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Waterproof Seat Covers

P

pgsup

VIP Member
Good Morning Forum
Anybody used the Jackyards waterproof seat covers.They are not cheap ie Front and back two seater T6.1 Beach ca 850 pounds.The pictures on their web site are hard to judge ie quality /fit.Spoken to the company and they insist they really are good quality and are much more impressive in real life.
Any advice / feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks again PGsup

Good Morning Forum
Anybody used the Jackyards waterproof seat covers.They are not cheap ie Front and back two seater T6.1 Beach ca 850 pounds.The pictures on their web site are hard to judge ie quality /fit.Spoken to the company and they insist they really are good quality and are much more impressive in real life.
Any advice / feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks again PGsup
They are very well made, but woud need to inform your insurers as they are not airbag compliant:

Jackyard T&C:

//
7: Liability

7.1 Where the goods being supplied are seat covers and the vehicle to which they are being fitted is equipped with in-seat airbags we cannot warrant or represent that the in-seat airbags will operate in the event that they are deployed, as the goods have not been tried and tested in this respect.

7.2 We do not accept liability for any consequential loss of profit or indirect losses.
//

Jackyards front seats do have provision for side airbag deployment but I guess a company their size doesn't have the resources for testing and certification. Similar companies, including those who re-trim in leather, might be in a similar position.

I believe the covers are advertised as water resistant rather than waterproof. If you want the latter maybe look elsewhere.

I reckon most people buy these covers because they offer a unique look. They might not be to everyone's taste but we're please with ours.

I have used the Inka ones which are airbag compatible, they fit well and I am pleased with them

We’ve got the Inca seat covers which are airbag compliant. Not the prettiest but functional. Have definitely saved our seats from staining and wear and tear over the last 18 months.

Think I'd go with the risk of spilling my coffee, rather than the risk of my airbag failing to deploy:eek:

We are pleased with the Inka's. especially after leaving the drivers window down overnight during a thunder storm. Water was pooled on the seat cover, seat was dry underneath.

(If Jackyards were airbag compliant I would buy them tomorrow as love the feel of sailcloth. Hopefully one day they get them tested / approved.)

Have Inka cover on rear seat, find it fine to sit on, certainly stops watermarks from sliding door when its raining.

Hi all
Thanks for all your feedbacks, lots to think about before making a decision.I am not so impressed with Inka covers, ordered them once, but had to send them back, could not get them to fit .Then I had a T6 three seater bench 2019 model, perhaps it was my inadequate fitting skills.
Anyway thanks once again
PGsup

Back