Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Vw PCP questions

T

Thomas Powell

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Just wondering people's experiences on personal contract plans.
All these figures are aprox,
With £15000 (max deposit I believe ) and monthly repayments of around £500 after 42 months I will then have 3 options 1, give it back 2, give it back and get another one 3,settle the outstanding balance of around £20000 ish.
If I was to sell it privately or part ex it surely the value of a 42 month old calafornia valued at more than £20000 I could then sell it and have s bit of cash left over, if this was the case with a normal car it's value would have gone down a lot and it wouldn't be worth more than the outstanding balance!
Any way hope every one understands what Im saying.
Just looking for people's experience with it.
Thanks again

That's the idea .... I have just swapped my beach for a new one. My PCP deposit was 10k with a final value of £15700. My part ex value was 26k after 42 months (with a decent discount off the top of the new one) so basically I have retained my 10k over the period. Residuals are hard to judge - but I don't see why yours would not be worth a figure starting with a 3 at the end of your 42 months.

Thanks for the reply steve m.
Does any one actually give it back for the outstanding few I wonder? And make a loss?
Where they ok when you swaped for a new one fussy on condition etc?
Haven't actually bought one yet just weighing up ideas.

I guess they assessed it as a part exchange and would have offered less had it been in worse condition. I think the idea of the PCP is to ensure there is at least some deposit left so you can role forward into another PCP. I suspect it is very rarely better to just hand it back as you say.

Back