Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW OEM Wifi

J

JockMacMad

VIP Member
Now that the Caravelle Business Edition has in built Wifi there must be some OEM parts on a list somewhere.

Alex is there any information on this kit I am trying to work out if it is a better option than the MiFi.

I can certainly ask to see what information we can gleen

Thanks

I think the VW stuff would be prohibitively expensive and tied in with having a 'Phone Prep High' installed.

I wouldn't get too excited about 4G either, there are lots of hoops to be jumped through before it happens and also it will take time to roll out. EE claim to have '16 Cities' by the end of the year but I can't see coverage being too special from the outset. Lets face it their 3G isn't startling.

How about -

http://www.kufatec.de/shop/en/car-wlan/ ... MTS-router

IMHO you need something that is going to 'appear' as a phone to the Service Provider to avoid or at least minimise monthly charges. Something like 3 Ultimate Internet SIM 200 1 month for £12.90/Month which includes AYCE Data.

I've ordered 3G MMI Sat Nav with Audi/Google Online Services for my A1 which comes in the guise of Phone Prep High so I will be looking at something similar myself.

Stu said:
I think the VW stuff would be prohibitively expensive and tied in with having a 'Phone Prep High' installed.

I wouldn't get too excited about 4G either, there are lots of hoops to be jumped through before it happens and also it will take time to roll out. EE claim to have '16 Cities' by the end of the year but I can't see coverage being too special from the outset. Lets face it their 3G isn't startling.

How about -

http://www.kufatec.de/shop/en/car-wlan/ ... MTS-router

IMHO you need something that is going to 'appear' as a phone to the Service Provider to avoid or at least minimise monthly charges. Something like 3 Ultimate Internet SIM 200 1 month for £12.90/Month which includes AYCE Data.

I've ordered 3G MMI Sat Nav with Audi/Google Online Services for my A1 which comes in the guise of Phone Prep High so I will be looking at something similar myself.

Stu

Can you tell me what phone prep high is please?

James

In some vehicles Phone Prep comes in different equipment levels such a Phone Prep Low, Phone Prep High or Phone Prep with Bluetooth.

It can differ between a bluetooth only connection, and built in device with its own SIM and often with a handset in an armrest etc.

Yeah it has the phone in and some use rSap to clone the IMEI from the paired phone. This way the network provider sees it as the real phone. Your phone in your pocket is put in flight mode, the contacts clone to the phone and you get good mobile reception from the car antenna.

Back