Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Van Rules

D

Dazshep

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
good evening all. I have had my Cali since early March and once we got started have had a lot more nights out than I thought I would. I was always going to have a campervan but the time of ownership was brought forward by the boss lady who finally got sick of putting our large family tent up AFTER we had got home from our trips away due to severe soggyness and due to us putting the said tent up using various techniques from the divorce method to the chuckle brothers "to me to you" style. After the first forays onto camp sites (and trying not to look like a complete newby) I/we developed some van rules to keep the place tidy and comfortable. Here are my first few. I would love to know if anyone else has "van rules."
1)when set up on site and chairs swivelled, place all footwear on the driver side rubber mat.
2)pack all underwear in rucksack dry bags and store in back cupboard so as not to have briefs (of various sizes) from cluttering all communal areas.
3)make sure dads beer is cold
4)all iPhone, iPads and everything else that dings/ vibrate need to be on silent or they will be collected and destroyed. (It's amazing how many texts/snapchats or anything my teenage son gets)
5)if you are going to eat chocolate, please make sure you manage to hit the large hole beneath your nose, (those Inka seat covers are mega but they hurt your fingers getting them on)
6)don't be cheeky to the driver, it's a long walk home from here!
My holidays are so much fun..........honest.

Only rule in ours is for me to do as I am told ;)

Everything has a place....rule 1: to remember the place and return it to its place!
(This is something we're getting quite adept at....pity I live by the opposite rule at home!)

go away

forget the rules

enjoy being free of them

curse being free when you cannot find what you want

Read the list twice. Nope, still no mention of G+T before anything else!

Pod.

Dirty Mcsquirties go in a large plastic bag under the steering wheel.
Any found elsewhere get thrown in the face of the wearer.
Amazing how they usually go in the bag first time! :Grin

Ah, and if you cook you don't wash up. Mind you the prescence of wifi in the washing blocks means there is a bonus for teenagers!

how on earth did I forget the g&t rule???? these are mega additions to my list. Granny Jen has just gone feral!

I've not so much gone feral as entering into an age thing where I leave with plenty of rules but forget them all by the time I arrive :(

I can't tell you just how much time I spend turning the van inside out looking for something that i have "put away safely".

I've not so much gone feral as entering into an age thing where I leave with plenty of rules but forget them all by the time I arrive :(

I can't tell you just how much time I spend turning the van inside out looking for something that i have "put away safely".
I have been banned from putting things away safely. Might as well bin them!

Only one rule: The iPod playlist accompanying the Cali journey will be curated by the Cali driver.

Other than that....anything goes :cool:

Back