Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Two triple bench as beds in SWB Caravelle / Beach?

M

Mobiledan

Vehicle
N/A
Hi all, first real post! I have a T5.1, 2012 SWB Caravelle, so close to the Beach. I was hoping someone can chime in as I’ve tried and tried to find others nearby to try this with, but Caravelles and beaches are rare where I am in South West Wales.

I’m wondering if I can fit 2x triple benches as beds. I assume they’ll fit as seating, and be an absolute pain to get to the back, but the kids can jump over lol.

I’m curious, before I look to purchase and realize it doesn’t work, if I can put the rearmost into bed, and the find and mark where to lower the middle bench bed… I assume front seats would need to be full forward for this to happen as well.

Has anyone tried this? Does anyone live near Swansea and fancy a try ?

I really do not think that there would be space to do that to be honest.
there was a beach for sale at VW Vertu in Hereford not long ago.
how many people are you trying to sleep in it?

how many people are you trying to sleep in

Just got it in October, liesure battery and heater. Friend sold me drive away awning so on the “bed” would be wife and I

how many people are you trying to sleep in it?
Sleeping? Wife and I, maybe the 7 year old with us, till I get the front seat cot… 9 and 12 year old will be in the awning.

Thinking this over multi board…
Make the whole thing a bed…

Multi board type thing and one 3 seater rear seat and a good mattress topper I think would be the way to go, not cheap but we found the IXTEND the most comfortable having tried inflatable and Duvalay toppers first.
pic below is just one bench in bed position and the corresponding multiboard.

F5A4F7B4-9EDF-4A3F-BB8D-5BE1A967833D.jpeg

Might have to be something bespoke. Why not try chatting to these guys they have always been good for a bit of info and do some nice work.
or
Good luck.

Hi all, first real post! I have a T5.1, 2012 SWB Caravelle, so close to the Beach. I was hoping someone can chime in as I’ve tried and tried to find others nearby to try this with, but Caravelles and beaches are rare where I am in South West Wales.

I’m wondering if I can fit 2x triple benches as beds. I assume they’ll fit as seating, and be an absolute pain to get to the back, but the kids can jump over lol.

I’m curious, before I look to purchase and realize it doesn’t work, if I can put the rearmost into bed, and the find and mark where to lower the middle bench bed… I assume front seats would need to be full forward for this to happen as well.

This is what you need.

Might have to be something bespoke. Why not try chatting to these guys they have always been good for a bit of info and do some nice work.
or
Good luck.
I was thinking if it fit as a bed, then I’d put the captains in the garage and just run 2 benches. But if it won’t do double beds I’d do the flex board mentioned below. But don’t want some other furniture that won’t adapt to the multi rails. Thanks though.

I was thinking if it fit as a bed, then I’d put the captains in the garage and just run 2 benches. But if it won’t do double beds I’d do the flex board mentioned below. But don’t want some other furniture that won’t adapt to the multi rails. Thanks though.
Search @Amarillo’s posts, he has found a setup for the 7 seat config that works as a downstairs bed.

Sleeping? Wife and I, maybe the 7 year old with us, till I get the front seat cot… 9 and 12 year old will be in the awning.

Thinking this over multi board…
Make the whole thing a bed…
Not sure what you gain. Do you need 8 seats? If not move the seat/bed as close to the drivers seats as you can then make a platform that fits behind. Get an inflatable mattress that covers the lot. It's a pretty big bed already should be able to sleep 2 adults and a kid. You'll get a lot more storage in the back that way. Could also just cut a piece of mdf to make a bed over the front seats or there are inflatable or cot options.

Be aware that if you did fit 2 x 3 seater benches then you would have to inform DVLA and get your V5c amended. You would also have to inform your Insurance company and they may decline to continue the policy. Not doing either will automatically make your Insurance void.

Back