Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Travel to Southern Ireland

B

Brianandjoy

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We booked to go to Eire in August transferred from last August because of Covid now we find that we can go we have to fill in a passenger locator form which only allows you to stay in 1 place for 14 days.We were hoping to wild camp all over Southern Ireland which we always do.So it looks like we will have to postpone for yet another year.Has anyone else encountered this problem

Thanks so much for posting this. We’re booked on a ferry to travel over in early September and had assumed that, being double-jabbed, all would be well.

Are you sure that you have to stay in one address for two weeks because that is very similar to isolation? It might just be that they need to know how to get in contact with you.

It looks as if there is a means to update the authorities of any changes to the locator form. Is your concern that, if you wild camp, you cannot even give a campsite address?

I have asked for a call back from the COVID citizens advice line in Ireland with the hope that they can clarify things.

Received my phone call from the advice line this afternoon.

He said that travelling around is not a problem but you should follow the process for updating the Locator Form as you go from site to site.

Happy Days!

The numbers of newly infected poeple is increasing every day. The good thing is that the vaccination seems to show some effect. People will be admitted to hospital, but not in the same numbers as in the past.

Shortly before you leave I would check if there are any changes ... beside this - welcome to Ireland!

Happy Irish Grand California,
Eberhard

Many people travel via Northern Ireland, to escape the red tape. Stena crossing Birkenhead to Belfast is very popular because of this.

Yes the problem is wild camping,there are loads of lovely wild spots you can stop at in Southern Ireland which you cannot give in a passenger locator form so it’s just quarantine for 14 days in another form,yes I did read that you can update the form online but how do you update to car park at whiting bay?

Yes the problem is wild camping,there are loads of lovely wild spots you can stop at in Southern Ireland which you cannot give in a passenger locator form so it’s just quarantine for 14 days in another form,yes I did read that you can update the form online but how do you update to car park at whiting bay?
GPS co-ordinate?

Thanks for all your help,we have an address for the first 7 days then we will move around emailing them daily,so it looks like we are going.

Thanks for all your help,we have an address for the first 7 days then we will move around emailing them daily,so it looks like we are going.
Great to hear that. Have a wonderful trip.

Any top tips for wild camping in Southern Ireland, particularly locations on south and west coast?

Technically the food EU issue will apply as in meat & dairy.

Great to hear that. Have a wonderful trip.

Any top tips for wild camping in Southern Ireland, particularly locations on south and west coast?
Crookhaven beach co cork,Kells Bay Co Kerry,Villierstown Ferry Co Cork ,Whiting Bay Co Cork,there are loads of places you can just stop at overnight

Received my phone call from the advice line this afternoon.

He said that travelling around is not a problem but you should follow the process for updating the Locator Form as you go from site to site.

Happy Days!
Glad to hear the HSE (or whoever is manning that line) are using common sense - I was afraid you'd run into some total jobsworth. You'll probably be asked here and there to sign in if you do go to an official site occasionally, just so they can trace you if need be. Oh and under our new regulations from yesterday, you'll need to have your vaccination proof with you to eat or drink indoors. Whatever gets you into the country in the first place should be sufficient.

Thanks so much for posting this. We’re booked on a ferry to travel over in early September and had assumed that, being double-jabbed, all would be well.

Are you sure that you have to stay in one address for two weeks because that is very similar to isolation? It might just be that they need to know how to get in contact with you.

It looks as if there is a means to update the authorities of any changes to the locator form. Is your concern that, if you wild camp, you cannot even give a campsite address?

I have asked for a call back from the COVID citizens advice line in Ireland with the hope that they can clarify things.
Had no problems ,after a week in the hired bungalow we went off wild camping to Galway,Connemara and Clare,never bothered to email them the change of address and heard no more.Often parked on beach car parks where it said no overnight parking and no one bothered us.Easily got under the height barriers

Back