Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Thoughts on selling price please

M

mattsurfsgood

VIP Member
Hi All

Thinking of selling my Cali but unsure of how to price as it has high mileage, any thoughts?

Black, June 2013, 180 engine, 71,000 miles (used as a main vehicle up and down the motorway), standard kit + elec side door, lowered, alloys, sportline front grill.

It's either sell it now before the warranty runs out and mileage gets any higher, then but a nearly new one to replace......or.........keep on running it for another 70,000 miles.

All advice gratefully received.

Thank you

Matt

As a starting point, I usually see how much We Buy Any Car would pay to get some idea of it's trade value. Occasionally they offer more than the dealer PX price. Obviously you would expect to get more by selling privately.

look on parkers and then add £10,000 over book price is generally what people are asking as i've been looking for over a year but found it cheaper to buy new 2015 reg with demo miles only much better value and literally thousands of pounds cheaper than one 2/3yrs old with the mileage that goes with it ( this is also allowing for the extras spec side of it too) BUT i think this is due to T6 factor and maybe sellers unrealistic expectations. Its like it always is - if its priced right it will sell. Only worth what someone will pay.

Parkers is good starting point then just watch the market and pick a number in-between would be my rule of thumb guide but i am sure many wouldn't agree. I can only speak as a recent buyer who has watched the used market for over 12mths before finally buying. If you don't need the cash back on it and can sit it out like many seem to be doing. I can reassure you that the 25 dealerships in the UK have very few ex demo stock now so that will help used market :)

If you decide to sell i hope it goes quickly for you. Preston in Lancashire and the Leicester dealership ( speak to Chris: offers great customer service) have a few ex demos left if thats what you're looking to buy. Haggle and they do budge! got year end targets to hit now before new reg in March :)

Hmmm....not sure if you wil sell this quicky with the deatils you give....

Best to add if it is a SE or Beach;) , if was potential buyer be glad to now .
As you mention : "standaard kit +...." the standaard kit on SE has a "few" diffrences than the Beach:D

Last edited:
In the final analysis it will sell if the price is right. Personally I am very wary of extremely low milage for their age vehicles. It means one of two things -. Short distance journeys - bad for modern diesels or else it has spent 11 months of the year laid up on someones drive.
These vehicles are based on a commercial vehicle and high milage, if properly maintained, should not be a barr to getting a sensible price.

Has it had the cambelt etc: changed ?

We have a late 2011 now with 56k on clock, would lose too much to buy again so unless you have real warranty worries... we love the van, lifestyle, practicality and the big plus....they hold their value. So if you love your van then keep it and enjoy it. Any deprecation is minimal and any repair costs are bound to outway the value you would lose if selling or p/x. I bought the van to keep. Just my opinion.

I would think you would spend/loose more money by changing to a new vehicle than what you could ever spend on unkown problems/repairs.

Thank you to all who commented. I think I will keep on running it until win some cash :)