Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Things you didn't know your van did

I have found on a recent trip the POI on my RNS315 is pretty amazing. Places we couldn't find based on village name were instantly flagged up by the POI search, beaches, tourist attractions and such are plentiful.

Largely unused until now, we use it regularly after last week.
Just recently found you can use an extra small window that shows POIs info. Like next fuel station in 5km 4mins, next resting are in 10 mins 12km. etc. Very useful.

Slightly off thread, but well, you can take the dogs out for an evening walk in the rain and suddenly get a beaming smile on your face when you turn the corner on the way home and see the Cali on the drive patiently awaiting the next adventure. :D

Slightly off thread, but well, you can take the dogs out for an evening walk in the rain and suddenly get a beaming smile on your face when you turn the corner on the way home and see the Cali on the drive patiently awaiting the next adventure. :D
I was out with Dottie in my village yesterday, saw a van approaching and smiled....the driver smiled back! He must have realised I was a van owner looking longingly at his van!

IMG_3144.JPG Also we now fit our parcel shelf part of the bed at an angle. It's more comfy when you are sleeping. Just click the latch into the upper hole at the back and it forms an angle. We discovered this on the last night of a 10 day holiday. Typical.

IMG_3140.JPG Last one... do you use the strap for the table to create extra worktop space when making food? It goes around the rear seat headrest. Here is ours being used to make poached eggs and toast with our Tefal "egg n toast".

Great thread - I'll add one. Removing the rear seat stops in the rail so you can get much more flexible use of the interior space. For example - the rear seat can now slide all the way forward and allows access into the bootspace - handy with the bike rack loaded.

Great thread - I'll add one. Removing the rear seat stops in the rail so you can get much more flexible use of the interior space. For example - the rear seat can now slide all the way forward and allows access into the bootspace - handy with the bike rack loaded.
Such a good idea......one of those...now why didn't I think of that , moments

Ditto the stops behind the bench, you can then slide it back so the rear head restraints are wedged under the overhead cupboard, in this mode you can actually fit two Fifth seats in at the same time.

View attachment 16752 Last one... do you use the strap for the table to create extra worktop space when making food? It goes around the rear seat headrest. Here is ours being used to make poached eggs and toast with our Tefal "egg n toast".

I have gone searching for this strap and found a bag containing these contents..
Are these the emergency roof straps or is one for the table? Can't see anything else anywhere so suspect I will have to buy one.

image.jpeg

top one in the picture is for the table.

I believe the top one ,with the keyhole type plastic attachment (probably has a proper name) is the one for table

Thank you - good that I don't have to buy a new one :)

Does the emergency tie down kit just have the one strap with Velcro on?

Thank you - good that I don't have to buy a new one :)

Does the emergency tie down kit just have the one strap with Velcro on?
2 Straps, but are you sure that " strap roll " is not 2 straps rolled up together? Not clear in the photo.

Can I just clarify are you taking the stops out or just moving them forward or aft?

You can do either, I can't really see the point in keeping the stops in other than them marking the exact point to slide the bench to to make the bed - in ours the stop has been replaced by a pencil mark on the rail.

I found out the Cali's speaker system is extremely good but the VW head units aren't. An aftermarket system is needed to bring out the best.

You can do either, I can't really see the point in keeping the stops in other than them marking the exact point to slide the bench to to make the bed - in ours the stop has been replaced by a pencil mark on the rail.

It adds strength removes inertia in the event of an accident & helps prevent the rear bench coming into the cab. I'd not be too eager to remove them.

It adds strength removes inertia in the event of an accident & helps prevent the rear bench coming into the cab. I'd not be too eager to remove them.
Interesting point.:thumb

Please explain further? I can't see how a stop in the rail adds any strength to anything. If the stops were needed to prevent the seat entering the cab area surely they would be fitted on both rails & also needed in front of the fifth seat?

The only way the rear seat is going to be entering the cab is if the rails are ripped out of the floor, if you hit something hard enough to cause that to happen, the problem would be the cab being pushed backwards not the backseats coming forward.

The VW Bike rack can be used for Chinups.

Apparently, some people use this contraption to hoist bikes too. Weird!

Ah, smart minds think alike.

Our household Swiss Frau with pragmatic mindset and Swiss German efficiency did same. She put two tiny stickers to align for maximum space and time saving.

Who said European immigrants no good for Britain. Our household has benefited from her outlook!

I am as disorganised and useless as ever though.

Back