Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The happy, cheery, positive thread

We are off to Tenby for the weekend hopefully, first time camping in the bus. I haven't decided whether to name it or not.

Early September for a mosie through old haunts in Italy, weaving our way south for 5 or 6 weeks:D:D:D:D:D:D

What did I do before I retired? ;)

Planning to go from Surrey to Budapest so Mrs T can run the marathon. First time camping abroad! :Nailbiting

Currently looking at logistics and trying to weigh up driving hours versus drinking wine in a campsite hours, tricky balance!!

We are currently preparing for what will be the Van Rouge's eighth 'booze cruise' (well OK, ferry crossing) of the year, Portsmouth to Santander then west and south in Spain to Portugal (port and red wine). Earlier in year was mainland Scotland to Barra, The Uists, Harris & Lewis, Skye (malt whisky of course!) then back to the mainland, shortly followed by Portsmouth to St Malo (claret in the Medoc) and then Cherbourg back to Portsmouth. Seafaring Van Rouge doesn't appear to get sea sick or hangovers either! Can't wait for Christmas and New Year when we can sober up a bit.

...Ooops, I've just realised I've miscalculated, this will be the Van Rouge's tenth boat crossing, as forgot we went Royan to Pointe du Grave and then Lamarque to Blaye across the Gironde in France. Can the California be classified as a seagoing vehicle now?

Off to Vosges in a week and a bits time :bananadance. Week there doing some cycling / swimming / running (and some relaxing) . Plan to then make way back slowly via the Mosel valley (vineyards & castles ) and possibly Ardennes.

Planning to go from Surrey to Budapest so Mrs T can run the marathon. First time camping abroad! :Nailbiting

Currently looking at logistics and trying to weigh up driving hours versus drinking wine in a campsite hours, tricky balance!!

Budapest is a great city and a great marathon. Did the race a few years ago and loved it. At the end you get to chill out in the thermal baths. Pre Cali days and flew down there.

We named our blackberry Cali "Binkie " and we are off to the Apillies Alps and then St Tropez for 3 weeks in September ,can't wait

Gotta say, there are some great trips planned by forum members, lets see more photos of these trips and site reviews. Very inspiring folks. :)

Really good to have the pre- atrocity theme grannyjen back - good luck with the next adventure...

al

I love anglesey ...

Especially South stack on Holyhead Island,

The RSPB sanctuary and Craig Gogarth ... Albert's sort of country ....
We'll be on Holyhead near Treaddur bay. South Stack is fab, love it :)

We'll be on Holyhead near Treaddur bay. South Stack is fab, love it :)

Got all weepy when I was there.

I used to climb on Gogarth and a lot of memories, some of them sad ones.

Down to the Dordogne for September. Towing a caravan down to a site just north of Sarlat. I know we'll look like Gypsies but what the lll. We intend to leave the caravan down there for the winter (cheaper than storing it in the UK) and revisit it next May. We can then use it as a base for touring in the south of France.
The site is called Talliadis and is excellent. When you arrive they take you into the office and offer you a welcoming drink of what ever takes your fancy. The site is run by a Dutch family as are most of the other clientele.
It's a wonderful spot and there are many attractions nearby. I'd recommend it to anyone. If you can make it in September look us up.
http://www.tailladis.com/gb/photo-album.html

Have Fun
Bob and Sue.
:thumb:thumb:thumb:thumb:thumb

Down to the Dordogne for September. Towing a caravan down to a site just north of Sarlat. I know we'll look like Gypsies but what the lll.
Have Fun
Bob and Sue.
:thumb:thumb:thumb:thumb:thumb
You could always do a spot of tarmacing then, to earn a bit of cash? :D

We saw a midnight blue Cali towing a caravan today on the a45 in Northamptonshire was it you by any chance?

Off, by sleeper train (yes), to Florence to meet with our son and our Cali. Son will fly back from Pisa and we will stay around for a while then back through Switzerland, Germany, Belgium and France.

Beautiful Dayz festival next week at Escot (just up the road) working for Oxfam and I'll have the Cali all to myself too. I'm planning lots of...... Sleep!

Off to Peak District on Monday, then Norfolk in September, Devon in October then start planning our first overseas trip next year to France and Germany.
Had our Cali for three weeks now and still can't stop smiling.
The best purchase we've ever made and will keep this van until either it or we pop our clogs!!!

I feel quite depressed with all the public lambasting of VW by disgruntled cali owners, as deserved as it might be so...

I will get Albert back. I will go away again. I will have brilliant, happy, sometimes white knuckle times in a vehicle that for me has proved to be as rugged and tough as any could be, that has delivered brilliantly on driver comfort and always but always puts a smile on my face.

My next big happy smiley moment is going to be in September. WE are going on a booze cruise, cruising that is on Autoroutes. Loire Valley on a mega wine tasting - sightseeing - wine buying tour that no doubt as always will see myself and Albert having an unplanned adventure or three.

Thinking of that is putting a smile on my face. Where are you all going next to put a smile on your faces, or where can you recommend I point Albert towards?

Come on, let's smile ....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

It's lovely to read about all the great places people are going in their Calis. I'm beyond excited for the delivery of our T6 and can't wait to get out there. Keep up the positive chat I say!

We
I feel quite depressed with all the public lambasting of VW by disgruntled cali owners, as deserved as it might be so...

I will get Albert back. I will go away again. I will have brilliant, happy, sometimes white knuckle times in a vehicle that for me has proved to be as rugged and tough as any could be, that has delivered brilliantly on driver comfort and always but always puts a smile on my face.

My next big happy smiley moment is going to be in September. WE are going on a booze cruise, cruising that is on Autoroutes. Loire Valley on a mega wine tasting - sightseeing - wine buying tour that no doubt as always will see myself and Albert having an unplanned adventure or three.

Thinking of that is putting a smile on my face. Where are you all going next to put a smile on your faces, or where can you recommend I point Albert towards?

Come on, let's smile ....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
We had an over night at Camping Municipal I'll D'Or just across from Amboise. The Royal Château is visible from the camping grounds and just a short walk over the bridge. Highly recommended on your booze tour of the Loire. This is our first outing with ZuluCampi and thus far he has performed splendidly. When I drive him, windows opened, music playing, he always receives admiring looks. Travelling with six dogs has been no problem at all. Proud to be an owner of a Cali!!! ✊winning!

We saw a midnight blue Cali towing a caravan today on the a45 in Northamptonshire was it you by any chance?
Not us. Ours is silver and won't be on the road till the end of the month. Then via the A66, A1M, M62 to Hull and onward to Zeebrugge. Not tried this crossing before but it does save us a lot of road miles on this side.

Back