Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Thank You & Farewell

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi everyone. A sad day for us, after much deliberation, we decided to sell Jack Burns II. The developer would have taken us to court to stop us parking our beloved California on the driveway. Made no sense as they had allowed us to park it in the previous house we owned on the same estate but then they decided it might attract 'white vans' which they didn't want. Houses have stopped selling here, think word has got around about how vile they are. Confident we would have won in court but with illness in the family, we decided not to go there.

Can we thank you all for your help and support over the past 2 years, you are wonderful people and we shall miss you. Have decided (no choice) to buy a small caravan (any recommendations?) but it won't be the same. A kind farmer near our home has offered to store it for us, CCTV cameras etc. And of course this great forum sold our VW within 24 hours. Cried and couldn't look as the lovely new owners drove away today.

Might meet some of you on the road some day...
Emer & Hugh

Hi everyone. A sad day for us, after much deliberation, we decided to sell Jack Burns II. The developer would have taken us to court to stop us parking our beloved California on the driveway. Made no sense as they had allowed us to park it in the previous house we owned on the same estate but then they decided it might attract 'white vans' which they didn't want. Houses have stopped selling here, think word has got around about how vile they are. Confident we would have won in court but with illness in the family, we decided not to go there.

Can we thank you all for your help and support over the past 2 years, you are wonderful people and we shall miss you. Have decided (no choice) to buy a small caravan (any recommendations?) but it won't be the same. A kind farmer near our home has offered to store it for us, CCTV cameras etc. And of course this great forum sold our VW within 24 hours. Cried and couldn't look as the lovely new owners drove away today.

Emer & Hugh
That's so sad. :(

Emer & Hugh. best wishes. Sorry it did not work for you.

Sad you need to change plans due to others influence.
I am sure you will have good times in your future caravan :thumb
All the best to you...

Last edited:
Thats sad news. Coachman make good touring caravans, they do some nice 2 birth models.

Sorry to lose you from the Forum. Best of luck for the future.

So sorry it didn't work out with those small minded people :mad:, enjoy your new venture :thumb

How very sad for you but it sounds like you had a trouble free sale.

I would suggest you look at an Eriba caravan. They are well built by Hymer, compact but well designed and if I had to have a caravan again tomorrow I would buy one having owned two previously.

Buy a Caravelle to tow your new Caravan with!:thumb

I am really sorry. That's not the outcome I had hoped for or expected. An Englishmans home is his castle and you should be able to park your chosen chariot on your own draw-bridge. Personally, I would have moved house first. Maybe we should organise a group visit to your estate with our 'white vans' to show the 'landlords' the error of their ways. In a friendly, non-threatening way, of course!

This is very sad.

We are also considering a move to a new development and we asked to see the covenant regarding caravan restrictions, to which we received this

IMG_0061.JPG

I've sent a pic of a Cali and pointed out it doesn't look like a house on wheels! Best to get it sorted before rather than after the event ....

Sorry to here you had to sell your California.
some times you have to do what is best for you at the time.
Look on it as the start of something new.
maybe things will change and you will get back to owning a California.

all the best with the caravan.

Sorry to hear this and best of luck with whichever direction you go in.

I'd second the Eriba suggestion - wonderful and compact little things.

Emer & Hugh

This is both sad and shocking. If it helps I'd be happy to put £20 towards a crowd fund to help with your legal fees... really hate bullies!!!!

As a white van man myself, I'm a joiner and cabinet maker, I'm appalled and worried about these covenants. Where am I supposed to live, in some ghetto? Who do you call when the roof leaks, electrics go off, water running through the ceiling? White van man, but we are often treated as some sort of sub species. No wonder young people won't take up the trades.

Sad to hear in a way but at the end of the day it is really just a vehicle which can be bought, sold, replaced, repaired etc. and fades into insignificance when you hear of an illness in the family, so our very best wishes to you and our prays for better health.

Sad to hear in a way but at the end of the day it is really just a vehicle which can be bought, sold, replaced, repaired etc. and fades into insignificance when you hear of an illness in the family, so our very best wishes to you and our prays for better health.
Like living under the Taliban

Back