Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tapatalk mobile support

coordinated

coordinated

VIP Member
Hi,

Thanks for all your hard work in porting the forum.
I like the new phpBB-powered forum - especially as it gives more choice about mobile app support.
Once the dust has settled from the forum move, would you consider adding the Tapatalk plugin, to allow access from their iPhone and Android app?

Best wishes,
Steve

Thanks Steve it's something we will look into in the future.

Thank you Steve, this is something we are looking into and it is top of our to-do list. Taptalk does look a very good option.

Calikev said:
Thanks Steve it's something we will look into in the future.
Thanks, Kev - that'd be much appreciated.
Linda and I mostly used the ProBoards iPhone app (which Tapatalk made) to read the old forum - we'll miss a mobile version.

Not sure what's involved - looks like a quick registration on the Tapatalk site, and a site plugin (qv Tapatalk FAQ). But I appreciate that these things all take time, and appreciate the effort you're putting in. Am impressed by how quickly you've got everything set up, but if you ever need another geek on board to help out, let me know :)

Cheers,
Steve

Hi Steve

Thanks for pointing out TapTalk to us, we did install a plugin for one of the other mobile forum readers, however we did experience some problems.

I have now installed TapRalk on the forum and it appears to be working fine, please let me know how you get on with it.

Thanks again

Martin

Martin, you're a complete star :)

Many thanks for doing this - the forum's really easy to read like this, and it's much easier to upload pictures and links - and even geo-tag (or link to a map of) where you are, which'll come in handy when we're finally out and about in our Cali (roll on March!).

The iOS app is loads better than the ProBoards one - and well worth £2! (not going to bother with the HD version as the iPhone version works great on the iPad).

Thanks again,
Steve

Martin this is stella......I've just installed Tapatalk for BlackBerry and it's made this forum totally portable, I can't thank you enough :cool:

coordinated said:
Hi,

Thanks for all your hard work in porting the forum.
I like the new phpBB-powered forum - especially as it gives more choice about mobile app support.
Once the dust has settled from the forum move, would you consider adding the Tapatalk plugin, to allow access from their iPhone and Android app?

Best wishes,
Steve
Steve, I'm so pleased that you suggested this as there was no BlackBerry app support for the 'old' forum but Tapatalk makes this forum unbelievably easy to read and manage on the road :)

Chris

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Great, was using an App to read the proboards forum and without an App the new forum was not as good to access and read......on iPad, but now good.

Back