Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T7 Spyshots.

I don't know why so many are pessimistic about the new California. If the perceived lack of headroom and storage etc: outway the fact that it is a VW California with full one stop warranty etc then think of the endless threads and conversations you will have in the future comparing the +s and -s of the multitude of 3rd party conversions based on the Ford/VW collaboration commercial van that awaits you in the future and warranty problems dealing with Ford/VW and the 3rd party converters.

I don't know why so many are pessimistic about the new California. If the perceived lack of headroom and storage etc: outway the fact that it is a VW California with full one stop warranty etc then think of the endless threads and conversations you will have in the future comparing the +s and -s of the multitude of 3rd party conversions based on the Ford/VW collaboration commercial van that awaits you in the future and warranty problems dealing with Ford/VW and the 3rd party converters.
Its a minefield. Lets just say a VW Cali has become a little less perfect unless your overriding desire is for a PHEV.

Its a minefield. Lets just say a VW Cali has become a little less perfect unless your overriding desire is for a PHEV.
In some ways it's a little more perfect. The fact that the front left seat is more useful since no longer blocked by the kitchen unit. There are two sliding doors! The back bench is replaced by individual seats that can be individually adjusted and more easily removed without breaking your back, in case you need more cargo space. I imagine a 5th seat could also be a more attractive option when it could be easily removed for camping.

The weak point of the Cali has been it's roof….corrosion, faulty electrics, pinched canvas, leaking etc. Hopefully VW will get this right on the new model otherwise they have learnt nothing. Dealerships will be able free up time slots in the workshops.

VW warranty / Recall action is not great, the lead time to get issues resolved (if at all) is far too long.

In some ways it's a little more perfect. The fact that the front left seat is more useful since no longer blocked by the kitchen unit. There are two sliding doors! The back bench is replaced by individual seats that can be individually adjusted and more easily removed without breaking your back, in case you need more cargo space. I imagine a 5th seat could also be a more attractive option when it could be easily removed for camping.
I'm sure the realworld reviews will be hitting us thick and fast once its released and in the field so to speak. Only then will we really know. I would counter many of those 'advantages' as disadvantages due to the compromise eg more uncomfortable and narrower rear seating. Higher bed downstairs, lack of a convenient table, less storage space, single gas burner, rear trunk floor is not flat like on the T6.1, preferring to keep the drivers seat (LHD) in fast getaway position when not on a campsite. Ultimately it all depends how you use the Campervan.

The weak point of the Cali has been it's roof….corrosion, faulty electrics, pinched canvas, leaking etc. Hopefully VW will get this right on the new model otherwise they have learnt nothing. Dealerships will be able free up time slots in the workshops.

VW warranty / Recall action is not great, the lead time to get issues resolved (if at all) is far too long.
And Westfalia are better?
Marco Polo owners would disagree I'm sure.

I like the new cali I just think it’s another choice to the range.
You will see a direct replacement t6.1 cali in the future (me thinks). VW money making machine won’t stop.

And Westfalia are better?
Marco Polo owners would disagree I'm sure.

Probably, but wouldn't buy a Marco polo as we have always owned VW’s T2, T25, T4, T5.1..and just got another T5.1.

Just pointing out that the Cali roof looks nice, but has far too many issues for and we only had the manual version! I put a dent in ours just by opening the boot with bikes on the factory fit rack (a GRP roof would have survived unscathed!).

I don’t think I could get on with a van with smaller internal space and headroom with the T6 Cali. If the new Cali comes out as a step between a T6 and a Caddy, I think that could steer people away from the Cali towards either the Grand Cali or the Fiat / Crafter based campervans.

I don’t think I could get on with a van with smaller internal space and headroom with the T6 Cali. If the new Cali comes out as a step between a T6 and a Caddy, I think that could steer people away from the Cali towards either the Grand Cali or the Fiat / Crafter based campervans.

It’ll be a compelling day van and daily driver which is probably a far bigger market than either the Caddy or Crafter variants?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk