Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 or T6.1 - Am I being thick??

And least you are now motivated to fill that empty space in the garage. For the next one I would recommend leaving a refundable deposit to hold it until you can get in front of the Cali.
Yep - little stupid of me - I forgot about that...........................the hunt now begins. It was superb April 23 reg and up for £65k with things I wanted on it........arghhhhh

Hunt complete and just put deposit on a July 22 Indium Grey 204ps Ocean with 8 k miles on it and lots of goodies including tow bar, comfort bed mattress, heated screen upgrade mdeia system (without the buttons) all assist things including trailer assist for reversing etc. Shower, 5th seat!! (something I'll never use and probs sell - are they worth anything) and other bits. £67k and they'll include delivery from Lancs

Hunt complete and just put deposit on a July 22 Indium Grey 204ps Ocean with 8 k miles on it and lots of goodies including tow bar, comfort bed mattress, heated screen upgrade mdeia system (without the buttons) all assist things including trailer assist for reversing etc. Shower, 5th seat!! (something I'll never use and probs sell - are they worth anything) and other bits. £67k and they'll include delivery from Lancs
Sounds great! If you don’t mind me asking Jim, where did you see it advertised? I’m selling a July 23 plate Ocean with 1k miles on it and loads of options, accessories, extended factory warranty to 2028, Cat 5S tracker (etc) for less than that but am not getting many bites …maybe I’m selling in the wrong place (it’s on the Cali club classifieds and marketplace so far) :)

Last edited:
That was quick. Is it 4Mo? 7/22 means its got the all season poptop :).

Congratulations! Sounds nice; We also have the fifth seat and I use it almost every week (sometimes it even stays in all week). I regularly take our two children's classmates to school activities and they love it! They all want to be in the van. Dropping off and picking up teammates for our daughter's basketball practice is also a real hit during carpooling. Well, if you won't use it, you can certainly sell it; I see them pop up regularly and they are worth approximately their new price as second-hand or slightly lower.

Sounds great! If you don’t mind me asking Jim, where did you see it advertised? I’m selling a July 23 plate Ocean with 1k miles on it and loads of options, accessories, extended factory warranty to 2028, Cat 5S tracker (etc) for less than that but am not getting many bites …maybe I’m selling in the wrong place (it’s on the Cali club classifieds and marketplace so far) :)
How come I never saw that.......what colour ??

Congratulations! Sounds nice; We also have the fifth seat and I use it almost every week (sometimes it even stays in all week). I regularly take our two children's classmates to school activities and they love it! They all want to be in the van. Dropping off and picking up teammates for our daughter's basketball practice is also a real hit during carpooling. Well, if you won't use it, you can certainly sell it; I see them pop up regularly and they are worth approximately their new price as second-hand or slightly lower.
Thank you. We're in 60's so that means our 2 boys are mid thirties so seat is of no use sadly. I'll have a think though - selling would cover the cost of ceramic coating??

Thank you. We're in 60's so that means our 2 boys are mid thirties so seat is of no use sadly. I'll have a think though - selling would cover the cost of ceramic coating??
Our coast had ceramic coating but I don't know how much that was: I got it as compensation for our california previously delivered in the wrong colour. I suspect that the price of the extra seat would cover the cost.

How come I never saw that.......what colour ??
Fortana Red, the colour of Kings :D You confirmed my suspicions that it may not be getting enough eyes on it though, have just stuck it on eBay classifieds as well :)

Fortana Red, the colour of Kings :D You confirmed my suspicions that it may not be getting enough eyes on it though, have just stuck it on eBay classifieds as well :)
Mine sold via Autotrader. Sorry the colour looks fab but I'm not particularly keen on red; however good luck in selling.

Hmmm. I just found it and you need to add some of the inside and dash I reckon -

Yeah I’ll do that tomorrow, thanks Jim. Only took 10 pics as that’s all I could put in the classifieds here :D
I paid for a longer time and was able to put quite a few up. I'd personally take it off eBay as any contacts I had from that were somewhat spurious and worrying!!

That was quick. Is it 4Mo? 7/22 means its got the all season poptop :).
Mornin - when you say the 'all season pop top' do you mean the good one or the leaky one?? I did question the dealer on this and he said knowing the previous owner he was pretty sure if they'd had a problem they'd have been in like a shot. Interestingly while I was with my local dealer (chap called Sam at Group 1) he said they'd replaced one that week and he's now found VW have seemed to accept one design leaked and are replacing them no quibble!!!

I'll see if I can get a picture grab and put up

07/22 build will have the single skin 02S bellows (darker interior surface). The one an owner can actually use in most weather conditions and not wake up to a paddling pool at the bottom of the bed.

Oh that's good - this is the only picture shown out of 60!

It'll be nice to finally have one and seem a bit more genuine on this site :)

Ocean 204 roof.jpg

Hi All.

I might be having a senior moment but can you explain the difference betwen a T6 and a T6.1 please.

Am I right in thinking the T6.1 came in around end of 2019 and is actually the current model? For some reason I had in my head there was something between 2019 and 2021......... I know there were issues with the bellows from about 2021 but is that all?

Sorry if it's covered elsewhere as I'm weighing up whether to go for a late T6 or and early (70, 20 or 21 plate) T6.1......
Chose a 6.1 for the number of slight improvements to the tech including a larger infotainment display, updated control panel and lower emissions.

We didn't go for the largest infotainment touch only display, because knobs with the Sat Nav are easier to use while driving. The control panel, battery, and water status, and the level displays are all useful.
We were also concerned about the lack of a foot rest, but with auto and adaptive cruise control there is no need for a foot rest as you can place both feet flat on the floor.

We also opted for a Coast with manual roof control, easy to use, also a remote control sliding door, wonderful.

Back