Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Swivel seats remaining inside

P

peppeg

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi,
I'm thinking of switching from a "big" van to a 6.1 california ocean.
I'm wondering if, in case of bad weather, is it possible to swivel the two seats and move to the living area remaining inside the van.
That's easy in my possl roadcamp but I don't know if it's even possible in a california.

Tanks for your answers!

I think its doable if just a little awkward given the space constraints.

Hi,
I'm thinking of switching from a "big" van to a 6.1 california ocean.
I'm wondering if, in case of bad weather, is it possible to swivel the two seats and move to the living area remaining inside the van.
That's easy in my possl roadcamp but I don't know if it's even possible in a california.

Tanks for your answers!
Yes it's possible but you do have to open the doors slightly to swivel the seats.

Edit, I've been informed this only applies to T5/T5.1 California.

Last edited:
Yes it's possible but you do have to open the doors slightly to swivel the seats.
That's not necessary in a 6.1; if you move the seats forward slightly and tilt them, they turn easily without touching anything with the doors closed.

The gap between the seats is a bit narrow but certainly not impossible - we do this on arrival at campsites all the time if it's raining. Just remember to open a window or door if popping the roof!

Never has a comment been made by a user with a more appropriate username…..
Oi …. ! Could be Chocks as in the sweet sort :D

(actually it goes back many many years when I found that much to my dismay someone had already bagged ‘Chocks away’ so in a moment of defiance I switched the a and w around and chucked in an h for good measure……. stuck ever since :D