GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
So,

You are snug as a bug in your Cali,

A chill outside but all warm and cozy inside, music playing softly sets off the ambience...

what are your favourite tunes? Favourite moments?

I am an ex travel writer having visited and written on some of the most spectacular scenic wonders on this planet.... and one of my favourite tunes, as I think back with fond memories, is playing at this moment

Berlin - take my breath away ....

Hmm

While I was away doing my 15 month 22 country escape thingy...Nanci Griffith & Mary Chapin Carpenter kept me company a lot...saw MCC a few weeks ago live at Cheltenham Town Hall.....

I thought of MCC when I crashed over that rockfall in Scotland shredding two tyres ...

If I had it in my I tunes collection whilst waiting for the recovery vehicle I would have played her album "Stones in the road" :oops:

GJ....she was fabulous at Cheltenham.....

Listening to 'age of miracles ' album...now....

Star Trekking across the universe....

Still playing my top-gun soundtracks ...

"Nothings going to stop us now ".... starship

Come on Albert --- Onwards!

I'm surprised it's not Canned Heat - 'on the road again'

PS - think you need to refresh the location info - or we'll all get confused.

So,

You are snug as a bug in your Cali,

A chill outside but all warm and cozy inside, music playing softly sets off the ambience...

what are your favourite tunes? Favourite moments?

I am an ex travel writer having visited and written on some of the most spectacular scenic wonders on this planet.... and one of my favourite tunes, as I think back with fond memories, is playing at this moment

Berlin - take my breath away ....
I think I might go for, "Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think" by Prince Buster.

When driving ZuluCampi and all of a sudden the weather, scenery and sheer joy of driving her comes together it just has to be "Don't Stop Me Now." On the drive down to Spain, whilst driving here and undoubtedly on the way back in just over a week, that tune will be played again.

This summer's trip that began on 15 July and will end around 21 Sep was our big outing with ZuluCampi. She has performed exceptionally well, has had many an admiring looks and more than one walk around inspection by passe byes. The 6 dogs love the space she has for them, the bikes and dog buggy enjoy being at height and we are sooo pleased. Thanks for the tip on Brit Stops - we will wait until the 2016 book comes out. We came down the middle of France driving down and will take the west side going home. Keeping a close eye on weather and hoping for good weather for Saint Malo.

As said in this previos post .....
http://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/best-sound-for-cali.5442/#post-47250

As mine says on the back "Hotel California" one of mine all time favorite songs from The Eagels!
Actully my all time favorite song is "in the air tonight" from Phil Collins but the Cali has no wings :mrgreen: and that song goes about a whole different story.... :shocked
Especialy the part in hotel california that goes : "...you can check out any time you want , but you can never leave..." Says it all about the Cali ! :D

Back