Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sparesafe.

california kid

california kid

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi Guys. Thank you very much for the very quick delivery of my sparesafe, which I ordered Saturday p m, and was delivered today,thank you to all concerned , now fitted, at least will have a little more security and make it more difficult , if I am unlucky for some one to attempt to steal my spare wheel.

Hi. I received my sparesafe + bolts today, no instructions. Help! I have no idea what to do with it :)
Can someone send me instructions? or some pictures of how to fit it?
Thanks a million

The carrier has 2 bolts at the rear. Remove the right hand bolt (looking from the back) and slacken the left hand one. The spare safe will then slide in the gap, put the security bolt supplied up through the sleeve on the spare safe and tighten everything up.

Fitted my new sparesafe and locking bolt today. Got to say I'm not overly impressed :(. Don't know whether its appropriate to say why on open forum though :mute?

Looking at the posted pictures, it looks as if the ground clearance at the critical point just below the rear valance is considerably reduced, which may pose a problem getting to that idyllic spot while wild camping.
Has anyone found this a problem?

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

They do seem like a heck of a lot of money for what they are...

Looking at the posted pictures, it looks as if the ground clearance at the critical point just below the rear valance is considerably reduced, which may pose a problem getting to that idyllic spot while wild camping.
No.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

They do seem like a heck of a lot of money for what they are...
Cheaper than a new spare + tyre. Won't stop the professional but will stop the opportunistic scumbag out to earn a few quid for his next fix while costing you a lot more to replace.
Only the purchaser can decide if they are worth the money.

I'll keep mine, as if I don't and then fall victim to theft, I'd never know if this would have made them look for an easier target. :talktothehand

Fitted my new sparesafe and locking bolt today. Got to say I'm not overly impressed :(. Don't know whether its appropriate to say why on open forum though :mute?
Go on - be a devil.:sorry:sorry

Nothing wrong with mine, it is peace of mind at the end of the day, the last thing I would want is to have a puncture in the middle of France and go to change the wheel and find it is not there! In regards to ground clearance it only adds a few milimeteres if that !

Not had any ground clearance problem on mine.

Fitted mine yesterday on our new Ocean

Was impressed with the quality and it looks like a great deterrent.

Whilst fitting, I realised how easy it would be to steal the spare so I am glad I have one of these now.

VW have the security bolt, but because it is not shrouded on the spare wheel carrier then it can be overcome with a mole grip. The SpareSafe acts as a shroud for the spare wheel security bolt so that you need the correct security socket.

Could anyone explain how the highlighted parts are used. TIA. 7AB8E285-65E6-4A8C-8090-98E2A24C45EA.jpeg

Could anyone explain how the highlighted parts are used. TIA. View attachment 48076
The Bottom piece is a protective cover for the Bolt head to stop the mud/dirt blocking the holes.
The other 2 pieces form the removal tool for the aforementioned Dirt Cover.

The Bottom piece is a protective cover for the Bolt head to stop the mud/dirt blocking the holes.
The other 2 pieces form the removal tool for the aforementioned Dirt Cover.
Many thanks @WelshGas. Works a treat but it was a leap of faith!

Back