Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

So many Calis on the road

rippers

rippers

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Been to St Ives Cornwall this week and traveling from London and back I have seen literally loads of Calis.. not conversions etc but proper Calis. Stopped counting after 30! 3 or 4 or them where 15 plates.
How many of you guys where on the road today!

Both our 15 plate Cali's were down in Cornwall at the weekend.

There are loads down here, we normally see at least one every time we go out ..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They were mock-up T6's

Being road-tested to see if the all-new and improved EGR valve can make it all the way to Lands end :eek:

With the weatherforecast getting better , Cali-seson is getting well started!

We were the proud borrowers of Martins 15 plate in St Ives. Lots of t5s, lots of people waved, campsite manager at Veryan bowed as we came in. Top stuff...

We were all round North of Scotland last week from Pitlochry to Braemar to Aviemore to Inverness to Fort William and Mallaig and saw many, many Calis - couldn't quite believe there were so many. We just got ours last month this is first long trip and it was Cali after Cali as we drove around.Great to see so many out and about!

We were all round North of Scotland last week from Pitlochry to Braemar to Aviemore to Inverness to Fort William and Mallaig and saw many, many Calis - couldn't quite believe there were so many. We just got ours last month this is first long trip and it was Cali after Cali as we drove around.Great to see so many out and about!
Yes, we are even seeing more in Northern Ireland! Got our first 'cali owner' wave the other day...

E&H

I'm sure we crossed paths
I was in the same area - fab weather - stunning scenery
I'll be back there soon

I'm sure we crossed paths
I was in the same area - fab weather - stunning scenery
I'll be back there soon
We are thinking of Plockton area for the May weekend but weather outlook not looking too good for next weekend unfortunately. Spoiled by 7 days of sunshine on our last trip!
We may wait and head off in the direction where the weather looks best. Enjoy your next trip - can't beat Scotland when the sun shines!!

Starting to see more Cali’s out and about. Went to the municipal dump (3 miles away) yesterday and saw 3. Got waves from 2 :)

Starting to see more Cali’s out and about. Went to the municipal dump (3 miles away) yesterday and saw 3. Got waves from 2 :)
Yes I got waved at this morning but it was by a VW Transporter ! Are we all in the same gang & wave to them as well?!

Reactions: Sad
Sometimes you cant tell if they're a Cali, Caravelle, or Transporter until the last minute - we have a lot of Transporters & Caravelles here - I might just start waving at them all :D

We’re all VW bus nuts, even the builders vans !

many of them are trade Mon - Friday and a camping vehicle at weekends and holidays.

My previous van was a T5gp Combi, great for camping.

doesn’t mean they love their van any less or a less passionate about the scene, check out the T4, 5 &6 forums !

if you don’t wave it won’t be reciprocated.

I wave at all vw vans as well (and even some that turn out not be)
haven’t seen many Calis. about yet - last one was as white ocean in Dunwich a weeks back.

Sometimes you cant tell if they're a Cali, Caravelle, or Transporter until the last minute - we have a lot of Transporters & Caravelles here - I might just start waving at them all :D
Just wave at the ones with an awning on the drivers side - you’ll capture 95% of them.

Look for the awning.

Saw two on the way to a walk at Savernake Forest yesterday but only got one wave and parked next to a very nice Ocean when I go there.

Yes I got waved at this morning but it was by a VW Transporter ! Are we all in the same gang & wave to them as well?!
Quite a lot of the transporters are camper conversions. Not all have pop up roofs though.

A couple of months ago I met my friend (who is also a Cali driver) near the local beach. We parked our Calis next to a third that was already there. Didn’t see the owner, but they had dropped their keys, and some kind person had left them on the wheel arch with a very conspicuous note on the windscreen! We put the keys in their fridge and a note discreetly on the drivers seat. (It’s a very low crime rate area but also a very public place). I hope they got them back, the van was gone by the time we returned from our walk!

Last edited:
I remember waving at a seriously cool T5 conversion, total head-turner. Then realised I wasn’t in my van and just walking along the pavement.
Must’ve looked a right knob...

10 Points spotting the Cali
10 Points for wave in first
10 Points for return wave
5 Points for Cali waving first
5 Points spotting conversion
10 Points for wave in first
10 Points for return wave
- 10 Points for spotting transporter non conversion (builders)
- 10 Points for wave in first
100 Points for transporter waving first
Back to Zero calling a Mercedes
Back to Zero calling a transit
Back to Zero calling any other conversion other than VW

Back