Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sink cover

ed6789leopard

ed6789leopard

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi We recently bought a 2017 T6 and have been out 3 times in it and really enjoying the freedom it gives. One question I have is in the T6.1 I understand the glass is split over the sink and stove. Is it possible to retro fit that in the t6? Thanks ps loving the club!

Good day, I am the forums automatic search bot. I have searched for the answer to your question in the forums' past threads, using the search function. Please find below some of the appropriate posts. The answer to your question is among them.

Last edited:
From what I gather you need to put both up when cooking anyway otherwise the sink glass can get hot and break.

On my single piece lid t5 I made a mod found on the forum here to cut down the rods of a roll up stainless sink drainer to sit over the sink, so I can use that as a surface whilst cooking.

Hi We recently bought a 2017 T6 and have been out 3 times in it and really enjoying the freedom it gives. One question I have is in the T6.1 I understand the glass is split over the sink and stove. Is it possible to retro fit that in the t6? Thanks ps loving the club!
Short answer, No.
Long answer, only if you have very, very deep pockets.

Short answer, No.
Long answer, only if you have very, very deep pockets.
From what I gather you need to put both up when cooking anyway otherwise the sink glass can get hot and break.

On my single piece lid t5 I made a mod found on the forum here to cut down the rods of a roll up stainless sink drainer to sit over the sink, so I can use that as a surface whilst cooking.
See attached pic, lid closes with the grid in place.

1620497433344266264332764398082.jpg

16204975743003166450981665448759.jpg

Back