Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sending a PM

M

mucksmuff

VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Am i having a senior moment, cant seem to find how to send a personal message:(

You need to click on the envelope at the top then choose conversations that takes you to a different page where you can choose a member to pm

Oh, do i just need to click on conversations tab on members profile ???

Am i having a senior moment, cant seem to find how to send a personal message:(

On the right of the navigation you will see your avatar , username and then a little envelope icon, click the icon and a popup will come up with "start conversation". Alternatively if a member has permissions to receive PM's you can go to their profile, click information and "start a conversation" from there.

PM's are now known as Conversations or PC's ( personal conversations )

Yes good find click on the members name then click start conversation

:mad::(:confused: Wont let me send a PM with a email address or link in :mad::(:confused:

On the right of the navigation you will see your avatar , username and then a little envelope icon, click the icon and a popup will come up with "start conversation". Alternatively if a member has permissions to receive PM's you can go to their profile, click information and "start a conversation" from there.

PM's are now known as Conversations or PC's ( personal conversations )

Struggling with this one guys... strangely as I normally catch on to these things fairly intuitively.

I can't find how to send a message or pm at all.

If I click on the envelope icon it just brings up the conversations I've had previously. No option to start new conversations.

Any ideas? Is it something in my settings perhaps?

Thanks
M.

Struggling with this one guys... strangely as I normally catch on to these things fairly intuitively.

I can't find how to send a message or pm at all.

If I click on the envelope icon it just brings up the conversations I've had previously. No option to start new conversations.

Any ideas? Is it something in my settings perhaps?

Thanks
M.

Sorted , For some reason your profile was only set as a VIP as your primary group only and no others, adding you to the registered and established member groups has fixed the issue. You should now see the link

Hi Administrator

Just wondering if you have me updated to VIP status? I might need some of the facilities now that I have a Cali on order.

Noeleen

Hi Administrator

Just wondering if you have me updated to VIP status? I might need some of the facilities now that I have a Cali on order.

Noeleen

I used to be called Mangan but the new look Forum has given me my first name, happy days!

Sorted , For some reason your profile was only set as a VIP as your primary group only and no others, adding you to the registered and established member groups has fixed the issue. You should now see the link
Hi I seem to have the same problem
Thanks
marshian70

Hi I seem to have the same problem
Thanks
marshian70

Just tested your permissions, the button seems to be there for you ? Ive added you to another group as well though so make double sure.

Help! I appear to have a similar issue.... Open the envelope icon and am only offered old conversations, can't start a new one.

Hi Admin, just tried to send my first PM and suspect I may have this issue too. Would it be possible to correct it for me please?

Thanks
Steve

Hi Admin, just tried to send my first PM and suspect I may have this issue too. Would it be possible to correct it for me please?

Thanks
Steve

Your settings seem OK, I have just sent you a test PM, did you get it?

@Calikev @Martin seems like my permissions have got themselves confused after the recent trader status change - could you check? I can't start conversations :(

I seem to have the same problem. I can view past conversations but there is no button etc: to Start a New Conversation.

Having difficulty contacting an administrator to correct my birth date.
Cheers

The date of birth is fixed I believe. You may be unable to change it. I think there is a warning at sign up. Just untick them if its wrong and it will remain hidden (although incorrect)