Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof box stuck - cannot close

R

Rob&TC

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Roof box in up position. Won’t close. Is pump too hot - 28 in North Wales . Local recovery on way so they can look through vw book as well as me. Any advice today much appreciated in advance

Roof box in up position. Won’t close. Is pump too hot - 28 in North Wales . Local recovery on way so they can look through vw book as well as me. Any advice today much appreciated in advance
What does Control Panel say?
Do the lights in the roof work?

Has roof sagged at all? ours was dropping enough for "intermediate Position" to be shown on control panel & roof wouldn't go up or down. In that state disconnecting starter battery reset the control panel to allow roof to go down.
Ours needed a software update & new hydraulic rams.

Remove fuses 5,6,7,8 wait 30secs and replace.

Post 5.

Hi WelshGas, says intermediate position and is sagging on right. Lights don’t work in roof box
Pull the fuses as indicated.

Hi, thanks for this - will share with technician on arrival

Hi WelshGas, says intermediate position and is sagging on right. Lights don’t work in roof box
Sounds identical to our problem.
if you have a 11m spanner I found disconnecting the starter battery quicker & easier than trying to find the right fuses.

If you use VW assist, the AA chap that turned up for ours had instructions from vw to disconnect all 3 batteries, so prepare to empty the boot space!

Also if its sagging, its important to put the roof back up to the full extent before lowering so you have half a chance of it getting down reliably evenly.

Copied from Loz post in the thread mentioned above. Fuses 5-8
t6.1 fuse.jpg

and a photo from Loz - in case he's not watching this thread at the moment.fuse 2.png

Open boot lid, left hand side there's an access panel at the bottom of the wardrobe.you have to take the bed base out to get to it.
Warn him that if he disconnects rear battery first, the positive lead that he takes off is live as its fed from the the battery under the passenger seat.

If he will listen, I managed to rest mine by just disconnecting starter battery, no need to do other two.

Sounds identical to our problem.
if you have a 11m spanner I found disconnecting the starter battery quicker & easier than trying to find the right fuses.

If you use VW assist, the AA chap that turned up for ours had instructions from vw to disconnect all 3 batteries, so prepare to empty the boot space!

Also if its sagging, its important to put the roof back up to the full extent before lowering so you have half a chance of it getting down reliably evenly.
Hi, thanks for this. Where is battery in rear?

I had this happen yesterday. One side of the van in full sun and that side started to sag a little.
I reckon the fluid expands and gets pushed out of the ram but not getting back in again when cool.
Started working OK after a while in the sun.
At least it amused the wobble box people on the next pitch!

This guy is asking for a diagram???
Roof box down. Cancelled last night away off straight home. Cali in for warranty issues Weds. just called to add roof box. What do they need to do in workshop? Cheers again all

Roof box down. Cancelled last night away off straight home. Cali in for warranty issues Weds. just called to add roof box. What do they need to do in workshop? Cheers again all
Mine needed software update & new hydraulic rams.
Speak to VW customer services, you may get a small amount of compensation for cutting your holiday short.

What else have you got faulty?

In for 4 days from tomorrow. Rear seat/bed needs stripping down. Nut in table replacing. Cupboard door under sink catch broken off. Arm rest replacement

Back