Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

RNS 315 Dab to replace 310Dab

Ajspicer

Ajspicer

VIP Member
VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I was thinking of doing the above swap, we have the rcd310 dab but it would be nice to have integrated navigation, bluetooth and a more modern display.

What are people's thoughts on the RNS 315? I really cannot justify the cost of a 510 and don't think we would use the DVD player as our two year old gets her peppa pig fix on the iPad!

We are Really happy with the sound quality of our RCD 310 Dab, I hope the 315 wouldn't be a downgrade in terms of sound quality to save on costs to include the navigation, bluetooth etc.

Look forward to hearing from anyone with the 315 or 315 DAB.

Andrew.

Hey,
I did exactly that swapped our rcd310 dab for rns315 dab, sound is as good as if not better on the 315, screen looks much better and more modern, best of all is the built in Bluetooth and sd card media player.
It was really easy to fit- almost plug and play, just needed to be coded in to tell the california it had now had sat-nav so it would work properly with the mfd display.
To be honest the sat nav is not the best, but will always get you where you need to be. It is all of Europe too so was great for 3weeks in France last year.
I would always choose a built in oem unit as I hate wires and clutter.
I am very happy with the Rns315
Matt