Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rip Off Britain

Thanks @Corradobrit
I might try that car park for 1 night before arriving at La Grainetiere. Wanted an extra night with them but they are fully booked. Any tips on staying in the car park
Actually yes, the entrance has been modified since the pics were taken on P4N. Its now taller so easily accommodates a Cali. The parking restrictions are first 1hr free but charges stop at 7 or 8pm so turn up an hour earlier. Parking charges restart at 9am the next day if I remember correctly. The location is spectacular right on the bluff. There is a nice beach to left and its a 15 min walk into the village. It was really quiet when I was there in May. Toilets are about 50 meters away along the road next to the Hotel.

Yet in France, you can stay in a quiet Aire for €12. Water disposal, fresh water refill, bins, electric hookup, and lakeside.
We were the first there at 3pm. 4 vans turned up in total. It was still empty with just 4 vans.

This is what the UK needs…

View attachment 111884

View attachment 111885

We need a change of attitude, full stop.

I still have fond memories of parking up in a town square in France and then being disturbed some hours later by a Gendarme tapping on the window.

No, he wasn't there to tell me to move on. He wanted to tell me that " tomorrow was market day, I might get blocked in if I stayed where I was, let me show you somewhere better"

Has anyone been camping in France recently? Just back from a 2500 mile round trip and never paid more than 30 Euro for a site, in fact in the range 23-30. Every site bar one had a swimming pool, restaurant and great facilities. One in Millau had 3 pools, water fountains and slides for kids!! Now back in UK (unfortunately) trying to get a campsite in the Dales/Nth York Moors = £30 night and thats no EHU and the closest swimming pool is the North Sea to the east or the Irish Sea to the west. Some don't even have toilets. The argument of supply and demand is used to hide the greed that is really behind all this. As usual we are getting ripped off!!
Hi i am heading into France via the tunnel in September. What was your experience of customs checks on entering France? My wife wants to pack up some food to last the first 3 days, but i don't want to get hassle at the border control. How was your experiences?
Thanks J

Hi i am heading into France via the tunnel in September. What was your experience of customs checks on entering France? My wife wants to pack up some food to last the first 3 days, but i don't want to get hassle at the border control. How was your experiences?
Thanks J
Been to France three times so far this year, no checks what so ever. Never had a single check since Brexit.

Thanks J
They don’t pull many over. Normally just pass straight through.

They’re only interested that you’ve isolated the gas cylinder.

Thanks J
No interest in food. But checked gas disconnected the last 5 visits over 2 years.
Oops - didn’t see @soulstyledevon post.

Just paid £170 for seven nights camping with the Tandem Club.

Price included:
Pitch
Four people
One dog
Choice of three rides on five days (~30 miles, ~50 miles or ~70 miles)
Daily tea and cake stop (no charge)
Evening entertainment
The Tandem Games including the U turn challenge, tandem limbo and ride and shoot (stokers have to shoot yoghurt pots off a wall with water pistols).

Such excellent value!

afc924ba71088e6086749690a6e38735.jpg

Last edited:

Price included:
Pitch
Four people
One dog
Evening entertainment
The Tandem Games including the U turn challenge, tandem limbo and ride and shoot (stokers have to shoot yoghurt pots off a wall with water pistols).

Such excellent value!

Loving the go faster cycling footwear!

Price included:
Pitch
Four people
One dog
Evening entertainment

Such excellent value!

Team member #2 is NOT pulling his weight.

Team member #2 is NOT pulling his weight.

Quite a few tandemists have a disability. Blindness is a common one, so is a missing limb. Jack is merely helping Ben to prepare in case he ends up with a tandem coupling with a single functioning leg.

But the truth of it is that while my saddle had been lowered to its lowest height for Ben, Jack was on Ben’s unadjusted saddle, and M at the rear was just fine on Jack’s saddle, M and Jack being about the same height.

Thanks J
Just drove straight on and straight off - no issues whatsoever.

Back