Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

replacing window blind

If its like the boot blind, blind comes in one piece and is riveted to a removable trim. So would need to drill rivets out, fit new blind, rivet back into place.

(but I have not done a side one, so could be different)
Was there anything holding in the roller casing? I think I can get this thing out without removing kitchen. Wish Mr luck

Was there anything holding in the roller casing? I think I can get this thing out without removing kitchen. Wish Mr luck

For the boot blind, from memory (no longer have the van) think it was the panel with the long slot which the blind is fed through that you see when the boot is open.

Side looks to be different as comes with frame. See below which has photos of replacement unit, looks to have 3 fixing holes on each leg.

i think with the c pillar and b pillar trim off i can see the rivets that hold the legs in. if i can then prize the roller casing out by having the long roof trim sort of hanging loose from the wardrobe end then i'm in luck. yes that ebay one looks like the one,going to try get it out first and see if i can see a part number

i think with the c pillar and b pillar trim off i can see the rivets that hold the legs in. if i can then prize the roller casing out by having the long roof trim sort of hanging loose from the wardrobe end then i'm in luck. yes that ebay one looks like the one,going to try get it out first and see if i can see a part number
If you can get it out. If might be interesting to see if you can rewind the roller.

Parts 18,40,41 and 45.

versa.
871867700.png
Can I ask where you found this diagram from please, I need the piece of trim Item 10 for the blind on the B post.

well, it's out

Drill out the 3 rivets in the left leg. Undo the 2 bolts and pop out the bottom trim clip on the right. The rhs trim is going to come out with the blind. Put a rag in the holes to prevent losing bolts and swarf from drilling. With the bolts undone above the lights and back air vent the trim cn be pulled clear enough to get the assembly out. Don't get me wrong. Was a twat of a job with no info. I've ordered new off ebay. Getting it back in I fear will be a challenge. Also cover and tape card boarded on your work tops and fridge to prevent scrapes. The bottom of the blind legs is sharp. I can't believe vw take the kitchen out to do this.

20240517_133821.jpg

20240517_134438.jpg

20240517_134446.jpg

20240517_134503.jpg

20240517_134458.jpg

20240517_131855.jpg

20240517_131851.jpg

I haven't replaced it, but I use a Brandrup isolite window cover on both of the 'middle' windows. Useful on the sliding door as it stays on the door when you open it in the middle of the night. I tend to use on the kitchen side mainly as a preventative measure as I was worried about the fitted blind failing - ours is fraying around the edges. If you buy the 'isolite extreme' version they are cloth backed rather than tin foil, so match the van.
Where do you get those? My pull-down blind on the sliding door is broken, and very difficult to replace. Your solution sounds perfect, especially if you're about to sell the van!

Where do you get those? My pull-down blind on the sliding door is broken, and very difficult to replace. Your solution sounds perfect, especially if you're about to sell the van!
Mine came via a forum member, but they should be available from the usual Brandrup retailers.
Any aftermarket stick on blinds would work, but the Brandrup isolite extreme are a good colour match for VW fabric. They attach with thin velcro strips rather than suckers, so don't mark the windows.

Can I ask where you found this diagram from please, I need the piece of trim Item 10 for the blind on the B post

Click on the “ Google “ link below and select year of vehicle. You’ll find trim parts and Part Numbers under Body.

Took the blind apart so we can understand how these work. The spring tension is inside the roller itself. It locates on a flat key a one end.its possible to re wind on the spring tension once you take off one leg.my blind is suffering from severe fraying now anyway so makes sense to replace it. i think it is repairable but setting the roller tension exact is going to be trial and error so it styays down,and retracts upward. the wires in the sides do not move

20240518_155448.jpg

20240518_155438.jpg

20240518_155217.jpg

20240518_155209.jpg

20240518_155201.jpg

Back