Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Red Shoot 26/27 April 2024

GillianC

GillianC

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
The owners of Red Shoot Camping Park in the New Forest have kindly agreed that we can have an informal meet there.
There are lots of beautiful walks and cycle tracks in the forest and a good pub (Red Shoot Inn) at the entrance to the site.
Pitches are predominantly grass (with or without electric) although they do have some hardstandings available and some sleeping huts. I also understand that they are shortly to take delivery of a converted bus which has a window in the roof so you can stargaze!
Bookings should be made directly with the site and please mention that you are with the California Club and they will try and put us near each other.
Please also mention on here when you have booked so I can keep track of numbers

Gillian

The owners of Red Shoot Camping Park in the New Forest have kindly agreed that we can have an informal meet there.
There are lots of beautiful walks and cycle tracks in the forest and a good pub (Red Shoot Inn) at the entrance to the site.
Pitches are predominantly grass (with or without electric) although they do have some hardstandings available and some sleeping huts. I also understand that they are shortly to take delivery of a converted bus which has a window in the roof so you can stargaze!
Bookings should be made directly with the site and please mention that you are with the California Club and they will try and put us near each other.

Gillian
Booking (request) made! Many thanks for organising this @GillianC

That’s a nice site. I will be heading off to Scotland on the 26th for 2 whole weeks without my co pilot, but would love to join next time.

We are touring France/Spain for most of April so can't make this one.
Have a great time and see you all later in the year.

We are touring France/Spain for most of April so can't make this one.
Have a great time and see you all later in the year.
Sorry to hear that Shaun, although it sounds like you’re on a nice adventure instead!
Enjoy your trip and see you at the next one

Hi Gillian, we have booked too, an extension to our first adventure in the Beach.
Excellent! Need to see your van soon Ken
Just bumping this thread up in case anyone else would like to join us?
I’m going to speak with the pub at the entrance about getting an area to meet on the Saturday night and will post the response so we can all book.
Can’t wait to get away. Should be great fun.

For anyone who has never been to one of these meet ups, it’s a great opportunity to view other members vans, ask for advice and share experiences.
These meets are organised by individual members, not the club, so if you have the weekend free, maybe consider coming along?

Question for GillianC..l have been in touch with the site.. informed that the meet is from Friday 26th April..ls it from Friday or Saturday? Leaving on Sunday 28th?

Last edited:
Sorry, confusing. It is Friday and Saturday nights although some may stay Sunday.

Gillian
Hi Gillian

Just booked Red shoot - Looking forward to meeting everyone

Hi GillianC, thank you for organising the meet, we are new California owners and have booked the Friday and Saturday night, look forward to meeting you all. We have learned lots this year by making all the rookie mistakes so look forward to seeing the experts in action.
Colin, Sally and Daisy dub dog

Excellent.
Going to post something shortly about getting together on the Saturday night.

I have spoken with the Red Shoot Inn which is at the entrance to the site (different business) and they will seat us together if we would like to go there on the Saturday night.
They would like some idea of numbers so could you let me know here if you would be interested in coming along please.
The menu looks good and they have a micro brewery.

Hi Gillian, we have just booked camping for 2 nights and we would love to come to the pub on Saturday night. Jeannette and Chris

Excellent!!!!! Thanks for letting me know. See you there.

I have spoken with the Red Shoot Inn which is at the entrance to the site (different business) and they will seat us together if we would like to go there on the Saturday night.
They would like some idea of numbers so could you let me know here if you would be interested in coming along please.
The menu looks good and they have a micro brewery.
Yes please GC, many thanks for organising this, really looking forward to catching up with everyone. :cheers

Back