Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear (interior) Lights always on !

Famtrev

Famtrev

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
I can’t fathom out how to turn off the rear lights in our Beach T6.1. To be clear I’m talking about the two lights above the sliding rear door and the ones on the opposite side of the van.

1138a4f5f8ab770c1259fc0e89acd8e2.jpg

In the light settings in the overhead control panel even the button “Switch off living area light” doesn’t turn off these lights all I can do is turn the brightness down. These lights do turn off when the van is locked and unoccupied.

I’ve looked through loads of menus hoping to find the answer and even looked at hidden settings using an OBD device

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t fathom out how to turn off the rear lights in our Beach T6.1. To be clear I’m talking about the two lights above the sliding rear door and the ones on the opposite side of the van.

1138a4f5f8ab770c1259fc0e89acd8e2.jpg

In the light settings in the overhead control panel even the button “Switch off living area light” doesn’t turn off these lights all I can do is turn the brightness down. These lights do turn off when the van is locked and unoccupied.

I’ve looked through loads of menus hoping to find the answer and even looked at hidden settings using an OBD device

Have you checked the 3 switches behind your rear view mirror? In particular the central switch.

This video might help?
Fast forward to 3 minutes and see if this helps…

It is indeed one of the three switches behind the mirror. Near the buttons of the reading-lights.

Last edited:
a3554e11537f07cd658590f247e35bfb.jpg

Indeed it is the button marked “Rear” along side a light icon in the panel above the rear view mirror. Who would have guessed ?! Feeling particularly stupid now ! Thank you for the replies !

a3554e11537f07cd658590f247e35bfb.jpg

Indeed it is the button marked “Rear” along side a light icon in the panel above the rear view mirror. Who would have guessed ?! Feeling particularly stupid now ! Thank you for the replies !

Don't feel stupid...the lighting operation is not what I would call intuitive. Example, how many folk don't know that if you hold the button in on any of the living quarters area that you can control how bright the light is!...and you can set each brightness in the upper console?

Don't feel stupid...the lighting operation is not what I would call intuitive. Example, how many folk don't know that if you hold the button in on any of the living quarters area that you can control how bright the light is!...and you can set each brightness in the upper console?

Well there’s another thing you taught me - to press and hold the switches to control the dimming ! Thanks. I wonder how many more Easter eggs this van holds ?

Back