Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Random Question .....

S

Stu

Guest User
Well two actually -

1. Does anyone here have Auto Headlights feature on their FL van?

2. Does anyone here have Tyre Warning (Pressure Monitoring) on their FL van??

If you do I'll have another question for you :laugh2

What do you mean by 'FL van' ??

Had auto headlights & wipers on my old Astra & was thinking of retro fitting both till I was told I'd have to change windscreen to one with the inbuilt sensor. Not a fan of changing windscreens unnecessarily, cost & possibility of leaks.

What's the other question ??

FL - Facelift.

If you have Vis Pack B it includes the Rain & Light Sensor (RLS) so if I can establish what is different about a van with Tunnel Lights I might be able to work out a retrofit for people.

I have done this before but on cars with the old Central Electronics and Convenience units separate, before they started to use BCM which combines the two, and it was simply a case of adding one wire from the headlight switch and changing the headlight switch.

Tunnel Lights

I take it that is lights that come on when you drive into a tunnel ?????

As said above you need to have the sensor in the screen to get auto lights & wipers. But I suppose there must be sensors available to stick on to the screen.

You can retrofit the sensor if you don't have it but the simplistic solution is for those that have it.

It is Auto Headlights, I belive they call them Assistance Driving Lights (ADL) now but they are affectionately known as Tunnel Lights due to the indication on the light switch.

Stu said:
You can retrofit the sensor if you don't have it but the simplistic solution is for those that have it.

It is Auto Headlights, I belive they call them Assistance Driving Lights (ADL) now but they are affectionately known as Tunnel Lights due to the indication on the light switch.

Stu

I know we spoke about this on the phone - so sorry if i have misunderstood this - I thought the windowscreen sensor was the auto lights and wipers?

I know you said you only had the wipers but I thought the sensor was positioned in the windowscreen did both?????

James

I know we spoke about this on the phone - so sorry if i have misunderstood this - I thought the windowscreen sensor was the auto lights and wipers?

I know you said you only had the wipers but I thought the sensor was positioned in the windowscreen did both?????

Yes you are correct, it does both.

Andy said:

Yes you are correct, it does both.

I think what Stu is saying is that he has the sensor but appears to only have auto wipers??????

I think I am just confusing the issue lol --- sorry

Custard said:
I think what Stu is saying is that he has the sensor but appears to only have auto wipers??????

Correct :thumb

Confused about your sig though??

Stu said:
Custard said:

Correct :thumb

Confused about your sig though??

On a serious note - does your van not have the auto lights light switch - just trying to work out for my own knowledge

James

Stu said:
No mate, just the sensor.

right I have caught up now - so you are looking at a wire etc etc - right - I see - you need to see how the auto lights actually work - you need to visualise it

James

If I can find the pinout from the headlight switch it will help me to work out where it's connected to. At the moment I have -

1 - Yellow / Black
2 - Yellow / Black
3 - Yellow / Black
4 - Yellow / Green
7 - White / Black
8 - White / Red
9 - Grey / Green
10 - Brown
11 - Yellow
15 - Red / Black
16 - Grey / Blue (White)
17 - Grey

So I think it only leaves 5, 6, 12, 13 or 14.

When I get some time I'll trawl the CFD's, it just would have been easier if someone could have had a look for me.

Back