Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pop-top 12v socket

RockinNRollin

RockinNRollin

Where to next?
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Does anyone know if the 12v socket in the pop top is powered by the leisure batteries? For whatever reason my iPhone 15 won’t charge from the USB sockets on the kitchen end (just keeps charging on/off, wife’s older phone is fine as is everything else we plug in there, but my phone doesn’t like it for some reason).

Cheers

I can confirm the poptop outlets are powered from the leisure batteries.

USB sockets in the kitchen should work fine as well, have you tried another cable?

I can confirm the poptop outlets are powered from the leisure batteries.

USB sockets in the kitchen should work fine as well, have you tried another cable?
Cheers. Yes, I've tried all variety of cables (including the original Apple one, USB-C to USB-C). The USB-A to USB-C adaptor is the same one we use with the other USB-C to lightning cable for my wife's phone and that works just fine. Plugging that same cable and adaptor into a 12V adaptor and into the pop-roof 12v socket and it works just fine. The 'phone also charges happily from the USB-C sockets next to the gear lever. Not sure what's going on!

I can't find what the maximum power draw (my manual only mentions 5 volts, but not how many amps) is from those power outlets. Can imagine that maybe the iPhone 15 requests too much power. The 12 volt outlets are max 120 watts, I use a Satechi USB-C 72 watt power adapter in it to charge my Macbook Pro without any problems.

I can't find what the maximum power draw (my manual only mentions 5 volts, but not how many amps) is from those power outlets. Can imagine that maybe the iPhone 15 requests too much power. The 12 volt outlets are max 120 watts, I use a Satechi USB-C 72 watt power adapter in it to charge my Macbook Pro without any problems.
I've got a fairly high-spec 12v socket > 2 USB-A adaptor so yeah maybe you're right there. I can imagine if the draw was too high it would cancel the current, then wait, then re-enable, then detect too much draw, cancel - that would give the symptoms. The 'phone charges very quickly too (as a rule), so this all makes sense . . .