Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Picking up my March 2013 180 manual SE tomorrow

P

Phild

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I am picking up from Heritage Bristol tomorrow afternoon. I can't wait..... :)

I have the collection checklist, anything else I need to think about?

I guess checking for paint blisters on the roof, knocking steering, anything else?

Moving away from camping with a 4 and 5 year old in a 4 berth tent, so the Cali will be luxury.

Phil

Enjoy!!

Test the pop top... and look for any damage on the fabric part of the roof

We have had our Mar 2013 140 Manual SE for the last 2 mths and have loved it.

We had a shake down overnight stay at Dulverton on the edge of Exmoor which is a great site short stroll from the village and pubs. The only issues were, (1) no gas junction/connector so no cooking (2) mains hook up didn't work - loose connection apparently. Both quickly sorted by VW Heritage Bristol (not who we purchased from). Next trip to Cornwall was perfect :D

Extras so far purchased:
(1) Topper much needed if it is going to rain - go for the one with windows in it
(2) Drive away awning - we went to Attwoolls Gloucester (good advice and service) for a VANGO AIRAWAY KELA AWNING. Great piece of kit which doubles the room you have
(3) the wife is having a ball buying quilt covers, mugs, pans,....... (shopping!!!!!!)

You will love it - enjoy

Thanks for the kind words and tips. Had a good pickup today with Matt. Discovered the van had Bluetooth which was a nice surprise, also discovered it had a crease 2/3rds of the way back on the roof on the passenger side which wasn't such a nice surprise. It isn't too bad, so we decided to proceed with the purchase on the basis that it was noted on the sales invoice that we had concerns and that it would be covered by waranty should any further issues arise. I hope this was the right decision, but certainly reminds me how delicate the roofs are. The canvas is immaculate though, as is the front roof panel.

Have already bought a bike rack and monster mats. I can see we are going to enjoy getting kitted out. Certainly Atwools will be on the list of places to visit, just need the bank account to recover first!

After two days I noticed a crease on passenger side of my Beach roof. On putting the roof up a bit I noticed the same on the drivers side. On closer inspection there were a few small nicks in the canvas where I presume the internal support had flipped outwards halfway through lowering whilst it was a demo

I met a Cali owner in Rickmansworth last week who had creases on both sides of his roof.

My roof is being replaced, although I worry it could easily happen again. I'm going to look at rigging a piece of elasticated shock cord to ensure the supports always folds inwards. Treat the roof with care as it is fragile and perhaps the best part of the Cali and it's Achilles Heel at the sametime.

Andy

Back