MattBW

MattBW

Here to help
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Van.jpg
My beach is ready to pick up! 10 tomorrow I pick her up. Managed to get a demonstrator with extras and a few hundred miles on for a good price. Buying near the end of the month seems to help the deal ;)

Cannot wait to get behind the wheel. First trip next week to Berwick...

Last edited:
Was trying to figure out what the gadget on the front bumper was until I realised!

Unusual that it has no awning, but that wouldn't bother me. It looks the business!

Don't be late in the morning, will you? ;)

I may get an awning when funds allow :) trying to decide if a drive away is a better idea?

Check out the threads on the Quechua MSH blow up living area, and the other Quechua stand alone that Dottie has.

We haven't used our awning yet, other than to try it out to see it works! Wait and see if you miss one.

Check out the threads on the Quechua MSH blow up living area, and the other Quechua stand alone that Dottie has.
Looks like they've been discontinued sadly, shame looks good. Just missed by a couple of weeks. I'll maybe look for a second hand one.

Last edited:
Yes, I think the MSH has gone. There are a few 3 person tents still to be had though.

The Seconds Base may still be about.

Alan

Luckily I stock piled on the queque shelter. It's so useful!
I decided to see how the season went before deciding on awning, etc but have just returned from 2 weeks in the sun: we weren't at the van during the day and when we were, the dog kept cool under it.
I don't like the closed in feeling of a drive away awning and in Scotland the pull out one might blow away.
I tried a simpler attachable canopy which I might return to, but if I do, it will be the simplest and for the sun.

Have a great time tomorrow....I bought a new outfit for the occasion when I picked up mine last year!

How's the the new arrival, hope you had a good day yesterday picking it up. Have lots of fun, these are great machines.

Had a great day, really loving the bus, a little scared to scratch it but really loving all the features. As a bonus discovered it had DAB that I didn't think was fitted.

Anyone know what the big net thing is with the clips on?

Had a great day, really loving the bus, a little scared to scratch it but really loving all the features. As a bonus discovered it had DAB that I didn't think was fitted.

The big net thing is the roof bed safety net. Don't ask me how it works, we've never used ours, it lives in the loft at home.

The safety net is good if the kids sleep upstairs, which inevitably they will want to do!

There are two poppers under the mattress, one each side. Clip it onto these and the straps with the clips hook onto the rings on the roof above your head. The mattress will drop back onto the net and help keep it in place.

Alan

Know what you mean about scratching it I am still paranoid every time we park it somewhere. I suppose it will wear off as time goes by. Have lots of fun.

Quick question should the glove box pop up or slowly ratchet down?
It clicks and holds when its open fully. Gently press down past the click and it slowly closes, but needs pressing to engage the catch.

Quick question should the glove box pop up or slowly ratchet down?
Mine won't go up on its own you have to open passed the click then to close it push it down passed the click then it slowly drops then a final push to secure.

That's working correctly (or at least the same as mine), sorry I wasn't clearer in my description!

Absolutely fantastic day, the bus was a pleasure to drive. Did 39mpg average on our trip to camperjam and back. The dogs seems very relaxed and we even managed to try the camping chairs from the boot lid.

Convinced it was the right decision to buy now. Now just to work out where to put my VWCC decal...

Totally agree! In my case it was worth all these months of saving money and calculatingHave fun!

Off topic: where did you get the nice decal/sticker? VIP Members only? Do they ship to Switzerland?

It's in the shop :) I just tagged it when I purchased a spare safe device :)
6349128c6f541935b3020b73a6bf3e86.jpg

Last edited:
Back