Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Petrol Califorina

P

phillme

Vehicle
N/A
hi all ... loving the forum ...
not an owner yet but getting closer. my preference would be for a petol model ... can afford a 12 or 13 plate but would need to take out a loan to pay the vat, my question is at what point do I need to pay the vat? I know it's 1per cent cheaper in Germany. I wish I hadn't, but I've found the exact colour and spec I am looking for .... just found it a little to soon ;)

Hello welcome -you would have to swap the engine, to get a petrol engine unless they bring the T6 petrol engine to the cali range .

Petrol available in LHD model.

Mobile.de

Phillme, I believe as long as the vehicle is more than 6 months old with over 6000 miles then you buy it VAT paid from the dealer who will provide their VAT number and an invoice. As part of the process you need to inform HMRC when you import to UK but there will be no further VAT to pay.

thanks howiedog .... what I was hoping and maybe it is just hope, is that I could buy it ex vat in Germany and pay the vat in the uk giving me a little more time to get the funds together . Don't know at what point one has to hand over the vat ? at the dealership at the boarder or in the uk? does one get a choice? maybe I should phone the dealer in Germany .... hope his English is better than my German , saying that I did know a little German once but I haven't seen her for ages .....

Not sure nowadays but when we bought a car in Italy years ago it was cough up at the port of entry. Customs wouldn't let you go until you'd paid. Wouldn't accept a cheque either, had to be cash so we had to make a last minute dash by taxi to a bank.
Most likely they will take a card payment now I guess.

Back