Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Outdoor Revolution. Any good?

D

davep74

DaveP74
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hi all,
Has anyone bought an Outdoor Revolution Movelite 3? If so, are they any good? My Kyham awning is dying a death so I am looking at a replacement and having seen my mates inflatable tent I am looking at an inflatable awning. But I don't want to spend to money on duff awning that leaks and is poor quality.
Any help you guys can give is appreciated. Also does it come with an inner? As none of the websites say it does but the picture of its floorplan suggests it does.
Dave

Yes, I had one until recently. The 2015 model can accommodate a 4 berth inner tent, but that is extra! The 2014 model only takes a 2 berth inner tent.
It's a very well made tent, quick and easy to put up. A bit more of a faff to put away but OK provided you get all the air out of the tubes.
My main criticism was that the entrance door from Cali to tent is not directly opposite, making the awning feel a little separate as you can't see into the awning from the van, if that makes sense? It is clearly designed for UK vans with sliding door on nearside.
Attaching to the van is a bit of a pain, but that is the case with any drive away TBH.
We sold ours recently having got one of the Quechua set ups. Time will tell whether it was a good move or not.
If you want a blow up drive away awning, then I would recommend it, just be aware of the door 'issue'

Hi

I have a MoveLite 2 (2015), and looked at most other manufacturers at the C&C Show before settling for OutdoorRev.

Only use it in anger once, but was impressed with the put up / take down, the quality of the product, some of the tech' (ripstop fabric and over-inflation valves) and the fact that it is quite light / airy inside.

Drive away awnings generally have their pro's and con's, and there is a time and place for them, but if you have decided you need one the ORev is certainly worth a look in my opinion.

Happy to answer any follow on questions,

Cheers
Mark

We have the Oxygen MoveLite 2 (2015). Very pleased with it initially, but we then had an issue with a faulty valve which meant that it partially deflated causing an 'elbow' to appear in the main vertical struts. The valves have a safety device of some kind which prevent you from over inflating, but when the fault occurred it didn't allow us to re-inflate it at all ! This meant that the entire weekend was spent with the doors open as we were unable to zip them shut as the material was being stretched out of shape by the 'elbows' (if that makes sense?). We have since had it repaired and last time out it was fine but we have lost a bit of confidence in it.

We had one (2015 version) but on first use had a number of leaks. Started with water coming in below the window and then water coming through the sewn in groundsheet under each of the airbeams. We returned it for a replacement but were told there were no more available this year. Ended up with a refund and have now got a Quecha set up for about a third of the price.

It was a great size and easy to set up but given the premium price I expected a top quality awning and ended up disappointed.

Hi
I got a kyham motor dome sleeper from the Manchester motorhome show due to its size and the demo of the quick erect system. When out on site it did not go up as quick as I thought and I have never seen so many pegs and Gide ropes when it was eventually all set up it was fine with lots of space. To put it down you need the you tube video it's like a krypton factor event and when all packed away it completely fills the rear bed and weighs a tonne. I was really disappointed with the awning and felt ripped off. Buyers beware if you are struggling for storage space when travelling this is not the awning for you. If you look at the kyham website at the reviews they are all good that's because they will not let you submitt a bad review. I have since got a outdoor revoloution move light 3 oxygen it is fantastic, easy to erect even when it is windy and only takes up half the space on the rear bed that the kyham took. It is easy to put down and fold up but a little tricky getting it back in to the bag, over all a really good quality awning.
Out door revoloution move light 3 oxygen 10 / 10
Kyham motordome quick erect 1 / 10 ( load of sh--)

Had a khyam Motordome for 6 years, like all things new it takes a little practice to master but I swear by it. I can erect it on my own and the main space is up in 10 mins or less, of course pegging out adds another 10 mins. Taking down is as quick once you have a system in place. Size wise it probably takes up a 1/3 of the under bed space., the Sleeper version would probably use more space. Great not having a sown in ground sheet as we have no concerns about using on a hard standing or otherwise stoney ground.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Regrettably we have had exactly the same problem again this weekend and have just returned it to the store on our way home. Money refunded and so we are back in the market for a new one (but would not touch the movelite again!).

Any suggestions??

We got a movelite 2, had it for a year and got a lot of use out of it, I would have said it was excellent, but while we were in Italy 2 weeks ago, one of the bladders burst and the bladder sleeve ripped. They have send me a replacement bladder and sleeve, but I am yet to get it out of the bag and replace it.

However in the meantime I have bought a quencha pop up tent for £60. I want to see if this will give us the extra room we need so we don't need to take the movelite. The pop up is going to be easier to setup and dry out.

Sugar.... was going to take a look at the Outdoor Movelite 2 tomorrow with a view to buying. Seems a mixed bag of reviews.

Back