Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Night heater...

bxl_lad

bxl_lad

Its not easy being green...
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Howdy all,
Funny enough I was thinking to post last week just to suggest that the T4 section was being a little quiet recently...
Well Murphy's law, now I have a genuine question!

Tried to fire up the night heater on my 2001 cali, nothing, not sound.
Have checked the fuses at the side of the cupboard, but nothing obvious and nothing different in the lcd screen above the dash ( the heater symbol is on but nothing happens).

Any ideas or is it time to strip it down?

Cheers!

I’m assuming your fuel tank is full, and the battery voltage is healthy ?

The section is quite for the simple reason they never breakdown :pinkbanana

Anyway, if it was me, first thing to check is voltage at the glow plug/connector. Switch it on , crawl under the van with your voltmeter and check.
If yes, next thing to check is the glow plug resistance. £50 says the glow plug is dead.

Slightly late on this but I thought I'd pop this link in just in case you haven't seen it:

https://t4-wiki.de/wiki/B3L

It's a German page about the night heater with lots of useful info and pictures. If you're using Google Chrome just right click on your mouse and translate it.

Pop back and update us when you can.

It is a bit quiet in here, but just as Sidepod says, the vans are very reliable and don't often go wrong! I've clocked over 400,000km now and still going strong.

A couple of months ago I also finally got round to fitting the anti-composting kit after your excellent post about it couple of years ago!

Thanks!
I was going to crawl under tomorrow, but with sub- zero temperatures this weekend I can't be ar*ed. Its not going to be used this side of Christmas so will wait until I can get it indoors and do it in comfort ;-)
Will let you know how I get on.
Cheers y'all