Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New key+fob

evtilsley

evtilsley

Vehicle
Just browsing
Hi - I've got 1 basic key, and only 1 'functional' key (all the buttons for sliding doors, boot etc) and I'd really like spare.
I called local VW van centre, and the price was LARGE.
Are they any recommend 3rd party providers that can do this task? I'm in the UK. It's a 2016 Exec Caravelle. Cheers..

I can't help you I'm afraid. I require a new one too. My usual VW dealer's quote is also LARGE - the key, recoding and VAT comes in at £250 (no sliding door or boot button).

I got one three or four years ago from the previous VW dealer in the same location and the VW price then for key, recoding and VAT was £80.

I have used these for a fully functioning fob and key for my old Combi T5.1

your profile doesn’t tell me what vehicle you have, assuming T6 or older ?

they will come to you and cut the key, program etc

just make sure to tell them it’s not an emergency, it’s simply a routine job (Price difference)

I have used these for a fully functioning fob and key for my old Combi T5.1

your profile doesn’t tell me what vehicle you have, assuming T6 or older ?

they will come to you and cut the key, program etc

just make sure to tell them it’s not an emergency, it’s simply a routine job (Price difference)

It's a 2016 Caravelle Exec, diesel. Think T6. 150bhp Auto.

It's a 2016 Caravelle Exec, diesel. Think T6. 150bhp Auto.
Should be no problem to get a spare cut For T5 or T6

the newer T6.1 has a different key blank and others are struggling to get then cut, but the T5 & T6 have the same type of key blank.

Give them a call, they were very helpful When I used them

Alas I'm just out of their area - shame as price much better.

Alas I'm just out of their area - shame as price much better.
do you work within their area, or you could simply drive to a place within the area of operation at a pre arranged location and time.
They cut the key in the back of a fully kitted out van. (they also do emergency work for lost keys etc, so they are fully mobile)
programming the fob is simply a process .

Back