Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Motorhome & Caravan Show 2015

knightons

knightons

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi

We're thinking of going to the show on Friday 16th Oct... anyone else going and (more generally) is it worth it? Thanks, Debs & Cliff

Hi

We're thinking of going to the show on Friday 16th Oct... anyone else going and (more generally) is it worth it? Thanks, Debs & Cliff
Yep I'm going with my better half and on the 16th.
I understand there are going to be some T6 conversions there but to be honest I am pretty much sold on the Cali, however any knowledge is useful.
We are travelling up from Bristol on route the Lake District for some walking so it falls happily on route.

I've been twice. Both times I went with a shortlist of one and came away with a shortlist of one. Quite an enjoyable day out even though it wasn't exactly productive!

If I am back from France in time then I will be there.

I do it every time.,

Wander around, drool at all the conversions on show, even drool at some of the motorhomes , get back into the carpark, get in Albert, give him a pat on his steering wheel and think "still the best".

We went with some trepidation a couple of years ago having just place our order on 1st October. We were worried that we would see something better at the show but it only reaffirmed that we had made the right choice in ordering the Cali :)

Didn't buy much there but came away with a set of 3 electronic candles that change colour - quite cosy looking in the van of an evening.

We have been twice and never seen a Cali on display by VW, I think Khyam sometimes have a Cali there but it will be a T5. It is a good place to go if you are undecided as most of the top converters are there

One of the bit's that I am going to enjoy is walking up to the stands run by two of the converters that I contacted a few weeks ago ....

"sell us a van mate"......

"Certainly Madam ... "

"Oh! I Forgot! You can't be bothered to reply to my email .... cheerio, have a nice day"

Thanks for all the replies... Looks like we'll go on 16th and will keep an eye out for other Cali's in the car park (if not on show). Most likely we'll be looking at various bedding/toppers/stuff... and more stuff... [might need to up the credit card limit though]...:rolleyes:

If you se Albert in the car park then you are welcome to look at my unconventional topper :D

Probably take my Father up to the show on the 16th (but only if he cheers up)

One of the bit's that I am going to enjoy is walking up to the stands run by two of the converters that I contacted a few weeks ago ....

"Certainly Madam ... "

"Oh! I Forgot! You can't be bothered to reply to my email .... cheerio, have a nice day"

Reminiscent of a scene from 'Pretty Woman' ;)

Just been looking at buying advance tickets for the show on line and notice this bit of wonderful text on their website

"Transaction fee of ÂŁ1.25 applies unless otheraise staded."

No not the transaction fee, the spelling of the last two words. Doesn't it make you wonder where these companies get their staff?

Rod

Do you guys stay overnight at the NEC and if so where?

"Certainly Madam ... "

I've had this, complained, then found them in my junk folder :headbang

We have been twice and never seen a Cali on display by VW, I think Khyam sometimes have a Cali there but it will be a T5. It is a good place to go if you are undecided as most of the top converters are there
The only Cali we have seen there is the Campervantastic van. They are nice guys and let you in to drool!

now, a quiz....

fill in the asterisks ....

the "******** van?

Ice cream?

Do you guys stay overnight at the NEC and if so where?

I stop about half an hour away, close to the M42, a Britstop.

Glass of wine, nice dinner, early to bed, early start, arrive at the NEC early ... then spend an hour waiting in the queue to get to a car park...

Thanks Jen. Still not sure if we will make it as we've been away so long.
Have Fun.

The only Cali we have seen there is the *************** van. They are nice guys and let you in to drool!
That's odd. It says it in the message when I try and edit it?! Can't i say camper van tastic then?

Just a quick update. Hopefully we're going to the show tomorrow (Friday 16th) and will say hello if we spot any Cali owners... Ours is a sand beige in need of a clean; although from a distance she still looks spotless!

Cheers, Eliie, Debs and Cliff

and sorting out the T5 from the T6s on each stand here is foolproof instant way
look at side flasher
T5 one is oval and half way between wheel arch and crease line
T6 one has pointed end to front and sited higher on crease line where it meets cab door
Best in Show for me the Vanworx conversion..
lots of VWs to see
none as good as the Cali;) though some exceptional stuff on show....

and sorting out the T5 from the T6s on each stand here is foolproof instant way
look at side flasher
T5 one is oval and half way between wheel arch and crease line
T6 one has pointed end to front and sited higher on crease line where it meets cab door
Best in Show for me the Vanworx conversion..
lots of VWs to see
none as good as the Cali;) though some exceptional stuff on show....
Also liked the Vanworx conversion but not going to be for us. Nothing to change our minds really on a T6 Ocean other than the possibility of those on the Westfalia stand. Club Joker City was interesting, very nice finish and layout with the kitchen and a fixed loo at the back. Problem is though that it is more of a 2 bedder than the Calis 4. Nice though! I believe there vehicles come off a production line rather than conversions however they are restricted to layouts as not able to compete directly with the Ocean. News I gleaned on the Marco Polo is that they are being produced, not yet available in the UK and when they are will be supplied through Mercedes showrooms in the 70k region. Anyway onwards and upwards literally heading North to the Lake District for a fortnights walking:)

Back