• Thread starter roblpmedinburgh
  • Start date
roblpmedinburgh

roblpmedinburgh

VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi

Just about to get new Beach 3 seat camper. Ironically one of the first things I need to do is to use it as a removal van!!

I understand taking the bench out is a major job so I won’t bother with that. But I assume taking the multiflex out is fairly easy?

Then bench forward put boxes on them? Do the seats fold forwards?Load from the rear?

Or bench right back and load from the side.

Anyone moved house in one? (No big furniture)

Cheers

Rob

Taking the multiflex shelf out is easy enough - although your 3-seater will be heavier than our Ocean one. I suggest having someone else on hand to guide it out at an angle so no scratches occur! Getting them back in is a bit more fiddly.

If you can (and i’m assuming you can because you‘ve just bought a new California) then I’d just hire a van:
- more space, fewer runs
- no need to worry worry about damaging your nice new van

yes the bench seat folds all the way forward to answer your question :)

Make life even easier still and a hire a 3.5T tail-lift luton - they're still compact enough to get down narrow streets, but there'll be lashing points everywhere and you can't underestimate just how much of a godsend a tail-lift is! We did our house move ourselves with one - 3 trips needed. You need to watch out for weight though as they're a big volume van but payload will be circa 1000kg, maybe even slightly less. Easy to go over when you start throwing furniture and white goods in!

You can get the three seater out and it is a two person job. I have done it with my brother when he wanted to shift a pool table (don’t ask!). But would recommend some 2x3 inch timbers for levering it out.
This YouTube video shows how to do it and minimise back strain using timbers to do the heavy lifting and sheets of ply to ease the sliding sideways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back