Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Misting head lights on 23 plate California Ocean

A

AMP8

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi all,
Has anyone else had misting up headlights? Car in garage and lights looked misted after being driven. Is this normal? I’m not happy if it is, for the price of it!

IMG_0040.jpeg

IMG_0035.jpeg

Hi all,
Has anyone else had misting up headlights? Car in garage and lights looked misted after being driven. Is this normal? I’m not happy if it is, for the price of it!

View attachment 122245

View attachment 122246
LED headlights? Normal, as the headlights are not sealed units and changes in humidity and ambient temperature cause this. Less obvious with halogen standard bulbs as they run much hotter. One of the downsides of LED.

Brilliant, thank you so much for your expertise, this makes sense now. Yes, they are LEDs. Best regards

Never seen this on my 2 year old cali with led lights ! My cali resides outside 24/7.
curious if anyone else finds this ‘normal’. Maybe it will go away after driving with lights on ( not daylights). I had condensation once in double glazing rear window on previous T6 but disappeared and never came back.

Never seen this on my 2 year old cali with led lights ! My cali resides outside 24/7.
curious if anyone else finds this ‘normal’. Maybe it will go away after driving with lights on ( not daylights). I had condensation once in double glazing rear window on previous T6 but disappeared and never came back.
And you have explained why.
Your vehicle is kept outside so will respond to changes in ambient temperature and humidity relatively quickly whereas a vehicle parked in a unheated garage and relatively poor airflow/ventilation will tend to respond more quickly to changes in ambient temperature rather than humidity and hence condensation.

Normal. I have seen it in my MY23 LED units. Garage stored. Was initially concerned until I understood these are not sealed headlights.

Back