Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mistaken Identity - honest!!

• Thread starter cpjb@btinternet.com
  • Start date
cpjb@btinternet.com

cpjb@btinternet.com

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Was visited by a policeman this afternoon in the village.

My registration was clocked taking off without paying £87 for diesel in Bracknell in July.

Haven't been remotely near Bracknell in the last 15 years.

The policeman was very nice, and seemed to believe me, but didn't have any other information from the crime scene like car model, colour etc, just registration number.

Anyway the kids loved it, speculating whether it would be community service, or open prison or full blown top security prison!

Anybody else had a similar experience?

I guess your number plate has been copied, Keep us all post sure we will all visit you inside.
On a serious note must be quite a worry and a shock

I got summonsed once for non-payment of a parking ticket.

I don't mind authority, just the charmless, arrogant, authoritarian responses when you try to point out a logic fault. I must have written back about 4 times enclosing copy of evidence that said I could not possibly have been where I was alleged to have so criminally parked.

Authority rumbled on, my logical submissions ignored, the inevitable court proceedings, the prosecuting solicitor, one of just dozens of cases to process that day, droned out his submission emphasisisng the infallability of the system.

It came to our turn to dispute the infallible evidence.

Up stepped a hunky Royal Marine NCO to state that on that date and time the learned Lady, an Historian on the MoD approved and cleared panel, was giving a talk to an assembled body of "YO's" (Young Officers) at a secure military base near Exeter, 120 miles away from the alleged incident. Her car had been logged in (copy of entry log), had been placed in a secure locked environment (copy of pound log) and was securely there at the time of the alleged offence (print of a still from CCTV).

The silence was only broken by the sounds of paper sliding to the floor as prosecuting solicitor dropped his briefs ...

er... briefing papers ...:shocked

Someone put false plates on? I often wonder why people blur there numberplates on photos and videos when they are there for everyone to see on the road :confused:

Someone put false plates on? I often wonder why people blur there numberplates on photos and videos when they are there for everyone to see on the road :confused:

I blur my number plates so my vehicle is not recognisable on a campsite or britstop or Aire etc.

Anyone reading these, and other forums, would know that I am a single woman travelling alone.

Only if you happen to be in the same area so not everyone.

I once had my number plates stolen (not on a Cali). As I was giving details of the crime to the police officer standing by my car without the plates, a radio report came up on her radio stating that fuel had just been stolen from the local petrol station of a different vehicle to mine, but with my plates! The police officer calmly said, 'I think we can be clear its not you sir' and I never heard another thing.

I blur my number plates so my vehicle is not recognisable on a campsite or britstop or Aire etc.

Anyone reading these, and other forums, would know that I am a single woman travelling alone.
I can see the reasoning there, but why are they blurred out on TV, Google Streetmap etc?

I can see the reasoning there, but why are they blurred out on TV, Google Streetmap etc?

I have no idea.

Best asking those who blur ,,,

unless it's a politician, in which case "I blur because I am a politician"

I'll ask Tony Blur then ....

Tony Blur would probably wring his hands, smile his cheesy grin, say "what you need to understand i this...." and tell everyone that I had a cali of mass destruction ...

Tony Blur would probably wring his hands, smile his cheesy grin, say "what you need to understand i this...." and tell everyone that I had a cali of mass destruction ...
... and you would have to allow UN weapons inspectors to examine your 42 litre wine cooler :D